Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
crankshaft adapter
Bulltear Ad

Thread: crankshaft adapter

crankshaft adapter

How exactly is this product intended to work ?

http://www.bulltear.com/catalog/prod...86a9d4dd5e70bb

I am looking for a way to install a AMC case turbo 400 behind the original 390 in my 70 AMX without doing any permanent crank modifications. Just curios what the intended purpose of this item is and how it works ?

Of course the flange on the 390 crank is flat and does not have a way to register a turbo flexplate and the pilot hole of the 390 crank is not correct for the turbo 400 application.

Thanks....Rob

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Rob that is made to work the the m11 and m12 trannies not the later model trannies to the early cranks. I think you may need a crank turning and an adaptor. I am not sure if the adaptor would push the torque converter too far back.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    Modification drawing for fitting a late model TF trans to an early B-W crank.
    May know a source for the "adapter ring" original AMC Part.
    Converter pilot hole for TH400 is slightly smaller than the dim shown for the TF.
    AMC used a thin "Tolerance Ring" pressed into the TF sized hole to fit the TH400.
    If someone was to make their own Adapter Ring the Converter pilot size could be reduced to fit the TH400.
    Not aware if crank can be reverted back to B-W configuration after this mod.
    The B-W converter pilot is maller and longer than the TF & TH.
    Adapter could possibly be removed and crank still used again with a B-W.
    Could it be possible to have TH400 Converter custom modified and fitted with a B-W sized crank Pilot ???
    Isn't there a 2nd design Bolt in Adpater that incudes a block to trans spacer and
    that requires no crank machining and allows reverting back to the B-W set-up ?

'69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Last I heard, American Performance ( www.oldcarparts.com ) had the adapter w/spacer that didn't require machining. Don't know if they still carry them or not. Their parts site has been down for a while, so you would have to call.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Bob I think that ruins the pump when you space the snout out another .5" or so.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689