Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
another th400 question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another th400 question

The thing that makes me think it's my starter manufacturer is this set up work before. Same tranny ,motor, flexplate other than the starter.since then i've put two starters on from the same manufacturer and I get nothing but grinding.It's definately the offset left to right is the problem, not front to back.It makes since that you say the flex plate is chinese but this has all worked in the past.It got kept in the corner of the garage for a few years now it won't work.The original starter has left the building and this is where the problem started.I was planning on a trip south this weekend and I can't get it to turn the motor over to get it ready.Has anyone seen the starter offset bad like this I'll start buying a starter from somewhere else but it's money down the drain like the other 2 have been.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Baxter I have a newer starter here from a 258 out of a YJ you can have that may have the later style spacing. You will need to cover shipping and the condition is unknown. We will try to get you on the road!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I think I'm going to a junk yard tomarrow with a bunch of jeep stuff in it.I have a buddy with good connections to this place so I won't have much in it.I'll keep you guys posted ,thanks.

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    Am not aware if the post '87 starter is an 11 tooth or not.
    Was just guessing cause a mini-starter I bought was having the same problem,
    ended up being fitted with the wrong 11 tooth gear, and worked fine once replaced with a 9 tooth.
    Maybe MC can say if the post '87 starter is an 11 tooth gear.
    Hope it get's worked out in time for the trip.
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

It did end up being the starter remanufacturer.I finally got mad and went to a different store and bought the same starter turning my last brand new one in on a core charge.If it wasn't for that core charge I think it would have ended up in the front window of the other store. Thanks for all the info guys.

Rebuilders keep trying to pass off Ford starters and Ford starter drives as the right ones for AMC (too short).