Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
1978 CJ-5 Blown Motor - Where can i buy a good rebuild
Bulltear Ad

Thread: 1978 CJ-5 Blown Motor - Where can i buy a good rebuild

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

1978 CJ-5 Blown Motor - Where can i buy a good rebuild

just got this thing this morning and looking for some advice on where i can purchase a good long block.

thanks

Joe

Biloxi,MS

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You will have to have it built. Nobody makes a production AMC motor capable of handling a blower. Send it up here for a completel long block would be about 8-9K
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I think he means that he has a blown (broken) motor.

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

Yes not a Blown Motor per say - Engine is Bad

looking for someone that has bought a rebuilt engine and has had good luck with it.

if someone knows where i can buy a rebuilt 304 i would appreciate the info

thanks

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I see, sorry about that I thought you meant supercharged. Most larger engine rebuilders do a decent job on the long block.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    I bought a rebuilt 304 long block from Precision Master Engines a couple years back. It was quite well built. The only mod I had done to it was an RV cam. Still using stock everything else, MC2100 carb. Very happy with it. The price and shipping were good (Spokane Wa to eastern Ontario Canada) and they were great to deal with on the phone. The only problem is that their website is up and down at times.

I hear that Jasper does a pretty good job with AMC as well.