Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CJ 5 V8 conversion question

The t150 is what replaced the t15, although it is not quite as strong as the t15, it is alot stronger than a t14

Bulltear forum member Cook
    If you use the ORG trans (assuming the CJ had the 258 inline 6 with a 3 spd and a Dana 20 t case) It is a direct fit the bell is the same pattern. The fly wheels are scarce around here any way so I bought a new one. The stock waggy 360 won't hurt the 3 spd or the Dana 20, my Dana 20 is still the org t case and it's had a V-8 hitting it since it was new. Every one makes headers, I despise the fender well ones but to each there own. I'd run the stock manifolds and exit the duals out the back. IF you run headers get in the frame ones. 4wd Hardware has everything you will need. You will need to work out the motor mounts as V-8's are different. IDK about 75 and earlier but 76 up the right mount was the only different frame mount and then you need the block mounts. If you don't have a 3 row rad already you will want one. It's a perdy straight forward swap.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Welcome to Bulltear!

If budget allows, I definitely recommend the M.O.R.E. ( www.mountainoffroad.com ) bombproof engine mounts. Do it once and never worry about it again.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford