Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How many you FSJers got running 401s? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many you FSJers got running 401s?

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Just got home from a 401 road trip to Arizona for 10 days. Here is the ride at Mexican Hat Rock yesterday. She rolled over 100k on Nov 21. It was a great ride with a roaring 401 and cheap gas!

Quote Originally Posted by dagazio

...About a flat lobe, is it common for this on the front lobes? I still have to take it apart to find the rest of the push rod, but I would tend to think that the oil pressure is higher on the front of the engine and those parts would have the least wear. I'm assuming the oil pump is up front. Well, this is all pointless until I inspect. Of course, I could have just bought a set of rockers and rods for one cylinder and checked everything after installation!!!

If it makes you feel better, I have a high probability of replacing all of the rockers/parts and push rods with the AMC parts. I just need to check out the inside of the engine before I spend the money on that stuff.

Flat lobes are no more common in AMC V-8s than in any other make. AMC used only AMC parts in their motors.

401's

Just picked up my 401 from the engine shop today for my 79 j10. yeh i know they stopped putting them in, in 78, but the cam took a crap in my 360 and had way too many miles on for just a cam replacement and had this 401 core since 2000 so i figured now was the time, life's too short not to enjoy it. got a 400 turbo with quadra-trac and 3:07 gears. also sprung for the edelbrock shorty headers and performer package. z & m jeeps took care of me with pre bent stainless brake lines and engine wiring harness, nice to see companies reproducing parts for these fsj's

Motor's all in and life is sweet again, no make that sweeter. This thing has loads of torque. The rebuild consisted of Edelbrock intake, cam, carb, timing set and shorty headers, and even shelled out the $280.00 to have it all balanced. This is my first 401 and has far exceeded my expectations. I'm gonna have a lot of fun at the stop lights.

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar

Sweet Jeep

Hey, that is one sweet looking Jeep truck. Is the interior as good as the outside? You should be real proud of it. Take good care of it. There are not many around in that condition.
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

------------------------------------------
    "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

This is a shot from about a year ago, since I have the antique tags on I dont put alot of miles on but since the 401 install it is more of a blast to drive this year will most likely see more miles. As you can see the tow chain hook is still under the seat so I do still use it to haul and such.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Better late than never but, nice truck man!!!