Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT FINALLY HAPPENED TO ME(dizzy gear wear)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtazwrench
    Now what do I do? contact edelbrock and ask what are you going to do about it?
    Oh hell yeah.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I think I'll tell them about the tick also and that I'm concerned that it caused My cam to go flat also, this did bleed off oil that goes to the cam also.
    parting several FSJ'S

Lube to the lifter base and lobes comes from the crank and rods as they're spinning. They're not directly pressure lubed.
    If a lobe went flat, the chain wasn't the cause.

I had a slight clatter since reassembly at times, I was quick to blame the gear for that as well. Got a link to IFSJA someone found the issue before install, got no response from Edelbrock, thread has good pics.

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=79741

My IFSJA post...

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...d=1#post835301
    parting several FSJ'S

I rebuilt my 360 using the Edelbrock set. Has edelbrock responded to this issue yet?
    I did use MC's oil pump gears, matched set of dizzy gears and one of his midplates for the external pickup . I get over 80psi on my cheapo Kragen oil pressure gauge when I prime it and oil flowing from the dizzy gear .
    I won't chance starting it untill this issue is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerAMX
    I rebuilt my 360 using the Edelbrock set. Has edelbrock responded to this issue yet?
    I did use MC's oil pump gears, matched set of dizzy gears and one of his midplates for the external pickup . I get over 80psi on my cheapo Kragen oil pressure gauge when I prime it and oil flowing from the dizzy gear .
    I won't chance starting it untill this issue is resolved.
    I had an E-mail back after my initial contact, sent pic of the stock gear next to their gear, and a pic of one of their gears on a cam showing the slot is too long. I have had no response after the pics, and said I would send mor of the dammaged parts.
    parting several FSJ'S

I pulled the timing cover off today and removed the Edelbrock timing set.
    My oil slot goes right to the edge of the camshaft, maybe 1/16 over, deffinetly not the 1/8 inch or more in the pictures that were posted. I used an old Crower Camshaft to check.
    I think I will still have the slot welded a bit and then remachined flat to make sure its good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerAMX
    I pulled the timing cover off today and removed the Edelbrock timing set.
    My oil slot goes right to the edge of the camshaft, maybe 1/16 over, deffinetly not the 1/8 inch or more in the pictures that were posted. I used an old Crower Camshaft to check.
    I think I will still have the slot welded a bit and then remachined flat to make sure its good to go.
    I sure would, it seems you don't want any oil to get out between the cam and gear.
    parting several FSJ'S

We're nearing reassembly on this, went to Bulltear HQ today, verified the oil slot wa wrong, and that there was a DA error Me being the DA, I put the cam dizz gear on wrong, so the wear pattern was on the edge. I got all the parts now except a water pump. MC got it wiped in to shape in short order and fed me lunch! =D>
    parting several FSJ'S