Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ECI 2009

Thread: ECI 2009

ECI 2009

7th annual ECI will be held 11-14 June 2009.

Same rules apply. Free camping, trail passes are $5 a day or $30 for the season.

If there is interest from vendors we're considering upping the scope of our permit to allow product sales.

More info soon.

Oh and you heard it here, first!
    The meek shall inherit nothing - FZ

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum

7th Annual East Coast Invasion

Group camp is booked! It's on like Donkey Kong!!

7th Annual ECI - June 11th-14th 2009
    Uwharrie National Forest - Troy, NC
    Hosted by Carolina Full Size Jeep Club

Like previous years that the CFSJC has hosted the event, camping is FREE (Thurs. - Fri. - Sat.)! We return to the Badin Lake Group Camp for '09.

What do I need to bring?: Your FSJ, some camping gear or camper, and $5 a day for trail passes. A Season Pass is $30. These are National Forest Service Fees, and only required if your taking a vehicle on the trails. Most of us just buy them at "The Outpost", a gas station near the entrance to URE. If your FSJ aint runnin', bring what you can.
    *Primitive (trail or roadside, no convenient facilities) camping is allowed in the forest for free as well. Many folks camp trailside throughout the year.

How difficult are the trails?: The trails at URE are mild to tough, nothing too wild, but there is a challenge for all rigs and driver skill. We take stock FSJs over most of the trails out there. Some of the harder trails have by-passes.

THERE IS A NO ALCOHOL POLICY IB THE NATIONAL FOREST, INCLUDING THE CAMPGROUND. This will be strictly enforced. If you are seen with alcohol you will be asked to put it away or leave the campground.
    NO EXCEPTIONS!
    Last year there were some issues with drinking that will not be tolerated again.
    Drinking and driving on the trails is the same as drinking and driving on NC roads. The new LEO is a strict rule follower with a 0 tolerance policy. He WILL arrest you if found drinking and driving anywhere in the forest. He has the right to search vehicles, coolers and campsites. Please keep in mind that as an attendee you represent a sport that is already in danger, and the FSJ community.
    It's a small sacrifice for a great weekend of wheeling and comraderie.

There will be a raffle again this year. We'll have more info on that as the date draws closer.
    Previous years we have had donations from the likes of...

TT's Fabworks
    BJ's Off-Road
    Jake's FSJ Junkyard
    Warn
    B.F. Goodrich
    4Wheel Parts (Raliegh)
    ...just to name a few
    Earl H.
    Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
    www.cfsjc.com
    '90 Grand Wagoneer
    '81 Cherokee
    '93 Grand Cherokee Limited
    "You can buy style, but you can't buy class"

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: 7th Annual East Coast Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by bowtieman55
    Your kidding right!!! I haven't even had a chance to look at the 09 calender!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I think they mean that they have the site again, not that it is full. Then again, I could be 100% wrong.

jack, you have been known to be mistaken. you forget we've met
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtieman55
    Your kidding right!!! I haven't even had a chance to look at the 09 calender!!!
    That just means we paid for it and the date is set. No changing anything...like last year.

There will be plenty of room.
    The meek shall inherit nothing - FZ

Quote Originally Posted by casey
    That just means we paid for it and the date is set. No changing anything...like last year.

There will be plenty of room.
    Whew!! Still not sure I can make it, but at least there is a date to work with. Didn't make the 2008 - I was in Japan
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE