Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I got rid of my amc 360..for this.....

Thread: I got rid of my amc 360..for this.....

I got rid of my amc 360..for this.....

A 2002 chevy 5.3 out of a silverado with a 700r4 transmission....i have it running so far and the radiator is mounted...i just need to do the rest of the plumbing and fill all the fluids....should be a good time!!

Why?
    ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas & diesel

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    that engine should provide plenty of motivation!! even in a fullsize truck they pull pretty hard

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench Man
    Why?
    i got tired of the carb not getting fuel when wheeling...fuel injection was the way to go...and for the money for a holley system, or edelbrock fuel injection system i would have rather of gone this route....i picked the motor up for under 600 bucks...and i wanted to go with the automatic...its almost complete so its going to make a very interesting setup

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    [Blasphemy] Isnt this an AMC site?
    This post would be a big hit over at the Cheby sites [/Blasphemy]

Not taking away from your swap, but it's like showing off pictures of your Blazer in a Bronco forum.
    401cid, T18a/D300 twinsticked.
    Lifted, locked, and Swampered

"Its flat here...real flat. And the locals smell like potatoes."

I needed to ditch the carb on my 360, so I went propane!

The 5.3 is a killer motor though. A friend has one in his rockcrawler/buggy, and it flat out runs. It doesn't have the tq of my 360 though (or the sweet sound).

It's like showing a Yugo at a Lambo festival!

If the AMC was tired, then the Chev motor will be a torque match. I did the junkyard parts grab and got almost everything I need to do a GM TBI swap on my 304. (It's in my '76 J10 shortbox that's getting a stepside when weather warms up. It's main job is 5th wheel hauling)
    It will be replacing the '81 C2500 with 454/TH400 as my trailer hauler. I already know it has the power (used to haul 6500 lb loads with the motor in my '73 J4000 with 3.73 gears, TH400 and QT with O/D on 33" tires) and 17 mpg beats 10 mpg with the Chev!