Thread: turbo on a jeep with the 360.

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

turbo on a jeep with the 360.

i have a 1977 jeep cherokee. i am planning a turbo setup from sts turbo. they specialize in a rear mount setup.

i am going to start up with modding the engine. what all needs to be done to make it reliable with around 6-8 pounds of boost?

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    do NOT go crazy with compression keep it around 8-8.5:1 or you will be punching holes in pistons. use a forged piston and look for one with a thick dome and top ring land to help disipate heat and prevent detonation. remove all sharp edges that could heat up and cause detonation and get good valves. you may want to look into a set of aftermarket rods too.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: turbo on a jeep with the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredneck
    i have a 1977 jeep cherokee. i am planning a turbo setup from sts turbo. they specialize in a rear mount setup.

i am going to start up with modding the engine. what all needs to be done to make it reliable with around 6-8 pounds of boost?
    got to the search engine and type in 'turbo' - we've had several people go that rout on here and have some good info on DO's and DON'Ts
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE