Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
amc 304 losing oil pump prime

Thread: amc 304 losing oil pump prime

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

amc 304 losing oil pump prime

hello all, im at my wits end.maybe someone can shed some light.i have a rebuilt engine that i replaced the timing cover on because i could not get the oil pump to prime.now with the new cover i got the pump to prime and oil up thru the pushrods. but if the motor sits just a little while [a couple of hours]i have to start the process all over again, its like the oil is draining back to the pan? help please ,steve

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Sounde like your pressure relief is staying open. Where and what new parts did you get on that motor?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Does it have a Fram filter? That could be the cause of your troubles (no check valve)

Quote Originally Posted by junkyard jim
    Does it have a Fram filter? That could be the cause of your troubles (no check valve)
    No kidding.
    Worthless crap.
    Go wix or NAPA gold (same filter)
    purolator
    AC Delco