Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i need dana 60 measurements

14bolts are boat anchors. They're just toooo big to use in the front of a rig with a tire under 44s. You're still stuck with a low pinion, and how many people really break a R&P?

$750 is about as cheap as you'll find a used Ford HP60, unless you stumble into something. High steer isn't that bad anymore. The part that gets expensive is the knuckles. Ford 60 knuckles are very very prone to breaking. Most everyone is replacing them with Dedenbear/Reid Racing knuckles.

If you are into building, go for a Spidertrax 9" housing and a Hi-9 center section.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    get the ford d60 and see if you can put dodge or chevy knuckles on it you can just grind the weld out and pound em off.

Quote Originally Posted by dan58
    You can make it any width you want. I would question the need though. Chevy and Dodge 60s have really dropped in price. You can get a complete axle now for under $600 these days. If you chose to build one, you'll have more money that that just in knuckles and inner Cs.

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.p...ic,3581.0.html
    Must be nice to live on the EAST coast where they give parts away!!
    ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas & diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench Man
    Quote Originally Posted by dan58
    You can make it any width you want. I would question the need though. Chevy and Dodge 60s have really dropped in price. You can get a complete axle now for under $600 these days. If you chose to build one, you'll have more money that that just in knuckles and inner Cs.

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.p...ic,3581.0.html
    Must be nice to live on the EAST coast where they give parts away!!
    I bought a complete 79 F350 Snofighter for $350. I talked the guy into him keeping everything but the axles. Score.

Bulltear forum member Cook
    I bought a 77 D60 Chevy front for $50.00. Then I ran across a deal on an 89 Chevy D60 Dually front for $100 complete with lock out hubs. The $50.00 diff needed lock outs and spindles, but it had SRW hubs. I'm keepin it to have spare shafts. Sometimes you get lucky and walk into a deal.