Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Brake Hose

Thread: Brake Hose

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Brake Hose

Ok, I have my SS hard lines in on the build & looking for some brake hose for the terminations @ the tires, two front & the rear one. I don't want to go to 4WDH etc. & get the ones for a 4" lift cause they charge $$$. Is there a vehicle that will fit the stock brake application for a 1984 CJ8. (i.e. Ford etc.) I did have a place where I could get S-braided for cheap but they closed.

Thanks,
    Jim

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    You can get hoses in pretty much any length from NAPA. You can get them up to 38" long. Just measure what you'll need at full droop and they should be able to get what you're after.

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum
    I went with a rear disc brake setup from The StreetRod Manufacturing Co. and hooked them up with fittings, hoses and calipers from Speedway Motors. Worked great but I have to watch the brake pedal now and wear a seat belt......I will try to attach a photo.

I went with AN fittings and hoses, the calipers are metric GM and Speedway has all the fittings to adapt them from metric to AN along with the ones to go from your existing brake lines to AN. I even eliminated the bongo type fitting on the GM calipers with there fitting that screwed in to the caliper with a male AN fitting on the other side for the hose to screw directly to. Get there round track catolog, they have alot of good builder parts that us Jeep guys can use...I can take other pics if it will help.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...one/?start=all

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Thanks for the information, nice Jeep.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thanks, Anything to help out a fellow Jeeper......Its a Jeep Thing..