Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Roller rockers
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Roller rockers

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

Roller rockers

How can you tell how much needs to milled off the rocker bosses when installing roller rockers. I am building a stroker jeep 4.0(258 crank).

I installed harland sharp roller rockers on my 401. I just milled .250 off the rocker bosses(the thickness of the guide plates) and everything worked fine.

I am looking at the harland sharp or crower roller rockers for the 4.0. Harland Sharps web site says that .400 must be milled off for the stud type(what I want to use). Crowers web site only states that "machine work required". When I called Crower, they couldn't tell me how much to mill off(Maybe thats reason enough to go with Harland Sharp).

I was leaning towards the crowers this time because of price $267.00 compared to $315.00 for the harland sharp rockers.

the .150 is for the guideplate thickness, so its .250 for the studs and .150 for the guideplate

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    So I would mill the same .400 off to use the Crower roller rockers?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Sixes use the same geometry but 1.5 ratio rockers. Test fit before machining.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689