Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMC TPI Intake

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Maybe YOUR AMC engines are done revving by 5000, but that's only because you like slow, evidently. The Am V8 will easily rev 6500~7000 if you let it. Way more HP up there, maybe another 200 w/o ruining lowend tq entirely. A tradeoff.

As far as FI goes, I'd not overlook other makers units too. Like LT-1, LSX, Ford & Mopar OEM castings that may be adaptable to a Torker or Performer for the low rev guys. The UR-11 is a multi part casting that a top of a TPI, Ramjet 502, etc. may be adaptable to.

I don't know what would be so hard about cutting 8 pieces of rectangular aluminum tubing (intake port sized ID) and welding them to 2 flat aluminum plates that match & are bolted to the heads of a mockup motor. Then a flat plate to cover the lifter bay. Then drill & tap for direct port injectors to spray on the center of the intake valve, stem being used to split the squirt into a "Y". Then, we need 8 small throttle bodies, likely already in production. Possibly a pair of race 4 cylinder throttle body sets? If I could weld aluminum, I believe I could fab it up myself. For controlling injectors, I'm sure some aftermarket system can be used. Not opposed to mechanical system, either. Kinsler, etc. have been doing it for decades. Guys???
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    You must read posts closer Glasshoppah.. I was addressing the Chevrolet TPI system being out of breath by 5500 rpm.. and if a similar long runner manifold was cast for the amc it would have a similar affect on the engine.
    a single 48-58 mm throttle body will flow 800- 1000 cfm respectively and would not complicate the computer system with multiple Throttle position sensors and would allow for the system to use a single speed density or Manifold absolute presssure transducer. rather than Multiple Throttle bodies needing separate TPS and MAF type sensors for each plenum.
    Having said all of that I would be surprised if you could put together a MPFI system that worked as well as the edelbrock or similar setup for the same money.

I dont like Slow, I don't own anything that is slow. as a matter of fact at this moment I think the slowest thing I own is an 85 corvette that will run 13 second quarters at 5000' above sea level (which is why I know about the TPI system).

Hope I cleared that up for ya.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Still looking for a reasonable cost FI kit for a AMC 360.