The last time I was out I broke the steeing box off the frame of my 74 CJ5. The 72-75 CJ's have a cast mount that is sandwiched between the frame rails. It only utilizes three of the four bolts on the steering box, not very strong. After I put the 35's on it wasn't strong enough, should've had a brace. I bought a after market brace for a 76 & up which is different but I should be able to make it work. At the same time I'm going to do a shackle reversal so I can hopefully get this thing to drive better down the road. It should be a interesting project as I have primitve tools, welder, some air tools and a sawzall. And the interweb for a some helpful hints. I'm not buying a SRS kit.

For the SRS I'm taking the spring mounts from the back and putting them up front. I'm moving the spring mounts forward an 1" or so to clear the new steering mount. This is changing the pitch of the 3rd member and moving the axle forward which should keep it from hitting the inner fender wells. The article I read said I might have to put some shims in to adjust the driveline angle.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this type of SRS? Any hints would be appreciated. I will post some pics of my progress later.