Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
my snow pics... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my snow pics...

yep, that was it. today one week later just got inside from doing yard work and it's 74* outside.

unreel.

Pat you sick neither are ya?

Frank Drose

80 CJ5 on tons and propane.
    93 YJ
    49 cj3A welded rear and 31's
    55 & 57 willy's pickup one day build
    75 scout 304, auto

http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=MCfrom

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by cj5 buggy
    yep, that was it. today one week later just got inside from doing yard work and it's 74* outside.

unreel.
    Pat you sick neither are ya?
    Umm based on the websites and vid's you send me - nope, not THAT sick

We were pretty much the opposite, we were cool to cold then had 1" of ice with a few inches of snow on top, today (2 days later) was near 80*!! Trying to get stuff done, but keep getting side tracked with the wife’s projects. My yard still looks like crap, the Jeep is down to the fuel leak and adjusting the clutch, and I have to install a new cable drop in the bedroom - rearranging furniture, build frames for mirrors and pictures and crap.

And I can't get my weed trimmer started and running right It runs, but not at peak power, just barely off idle. After about a minute, it starts to lope, then dies. Spark plug looks like it's running rich and there's crud on the cylinder - so I'm thinking valves ... (it's a 4 stroke 42CC engine).
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    check to see if the valves are sticking then check the lash. Last check the air cleaner. I use gas concrete vibrators and had one do the same thing just wouldnt run right then it died. The intake valve had stuck open and the air cleaner got shifted so it was choking the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    check to see if the valves are sticking then check the lash. Last check the air cleaner. I use gas concrete vibrators and had one do the same thing just wouldnt run right then it died. The intake valve had stuck open and the air cleaner got shifted so it was choking the motor.
    Thanks Bro,
    EX was a bit wide - calls for .013 and it was almost .023 and I don't have a .003 feeler for the IN valve?? I did clean and de-gunk the carb and intake the best I could as far I could see (Walbro carb, no adjustment type -means I can't lean it out). The 'head' is the whole jug (cyl & head as a 1 piece), I ordered up a gasket set today so I can rip it off the 'engine'. The piston top is butt-ugly (carbon'd up pretty bad - running rich?) so I'm guessing the valves are just as ugly. Figured I'd clean them up and do a quickie valve job and check the rings while I have the jug/head off. Should be interesting since this looks like a gear driven valve train!!! It'll be a first for me

Get'n tired of these small engine issues - I wana finish the CJ and get started on the Waggy!!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Winter has been pretty rough here too, I think it has been 86 degrees everyday for the past year and a half.

Mudrat, your not done with your CJ yet?
    Hmmm, insert nut and turn....

http://jeepsr4ever.imgbay.com/charter.jpg

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Mudrat, your not done with your CJ yet?

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Well look who chimes in from the Pacific Rim!!!!

It's been out of the shop and back in. Need the frigg'n parking brakes and this fuel leak fixed so I can get it inspected And in a couple-3 weeks it's going to get either a T-18 or the 727 tranny swap :-)

And sorta like you (I suspect because you haven't answered e-mail ), I've been on travel. Was going to drop down to Guam when I was in Japan for over 2 months, but you never answered your e-mail so I said him

Not sure about Japan this fall (Sasabo) but might be in Bharain or Abu Dhabi for a couple months next year. Other than that, been up to my fuzzy gromet in ships stateside. Start the GHW BUSH on Monday followed by the VINSON. Another 7 glorious months in Newport News Shipyard
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I never got any emails but I have been busy.
    Hmmm, insert nut and turn....

http://jeepsr4ever.imgbay.com/charter.jpg

Mostley from the work addee since my home system crashed last Sept and I lost the hard drive and all . . .
    Neither you or Paul have responded
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE