Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hydraulic Roller Lifters

Thread: Hydraulic Roller Lifters

Hydraulic Roller Lifters

With the demise of crane cams, what ingenious method are we going to come up with for a hydraulic roller lifter for a AMC?

1. Wait for a hope and prayer that crane reopens? Doubt that will ever happen regardless what they say.

2. Try to use mopar magnum hydraulic roller lifters with some sort of AMC or Ford FE tie bar. Granted there would have to be a retro fit hydraulic roller lifter for the first generation magnum engine, Pre hydraulic roller lifters. I believe the first generation used a hydraulic non roller cam shaft.

3. Re-bush lifter bore's for someone else's hydraulic roller lifter size, like a Chevy.

4. Use something like a whole Jesel system. $$$$

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Crane has re-structured and will reopen.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Crane restructuring

If this happens this will be great, but I'm not ready to start drinking the cool-aid just yet. I have seen companies make statements like these before (we are in the process of restructuring) then never to be heard from again. I have a engine that should start building next week so rather than waiting for reopening and than waiting for a run of hydraulic roller lifters I would love to have a backup plan. The reason I say this is that everybody I called had either no stock of hydraulic roller lifters or had hydraulic roller lifters on order for some time. So rather than wait for some amount of time I was wondering if there would be another cost effective way to remedy the problem.

Jesel lifters

Well I guess I have the Jesel lifter thing wrong as I don't believe they have any thing in the way of hydraulics.

I think you may be stuck with solid rollers
    [COLOR=#000000]

Roller lifters

I talked to Knowltons thunderheads and he thought you could use a crower Dodge magnum roller lifter with a Amc tie bar. I think that would work if they made a retrofit set for the 1st version (magnum)hydraulic lifter, pre hydraulic roller lifter engine. I believe the first generation magnum engine had hydraulic lifters, not hydraulic roller lifters.

That is possible we could make the bars here it would be simple I even have a drawing for them ....shhhhh
    [COLOR=#000000]

Roller lifters

I checked Crowers website and could not find retrofit lifters, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. I swear half of all products made are not listed on the web. There is also the Idea of re-bushing lifter bores to some other hydraulic roller lifter size that would oil through the pushrod, But that could be a nightmare. Isn't it Herman Lewis that has said that he has used chevy small block size roller lifters? You would loose the advantage of the larger diameter lifter.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS SERPENTINE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    by going to a roller I dont think the diameter would make too much of a difference as the roller lets you get WAY more aggressive with the ramp up anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    by going to a roller I dont think the diameter would make too much of a difference as the roller lets you get WAY more aggressive with the ramp up anyway
    Barry Allen informed me when I asked that the smaller chevy roller lifter makes less hp ..about 20hp loss over the standard diameter size roller lifter..