Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
arb lockers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arb lockers

arb lockers

Whats the best compressor for ARB lockers. also can you use one compressor to operate both lockers?
    2007 durango
    79 cj7 401 t-18 488 s lockers both ends 35 s
    97 F350 crewcab 4x4 power stroke banks equipped. just added the exh. brake. I LUV MY TRUCK
    94 WRANGLER
    90 WRANGLER BASKET CASE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: arb lockers

Quote Originally Posted by 81cj
    Whats the best compressor for ARB lockers. also can you use one compressor to operate both lockers?
    ARB makes a compressor for thier lockers, and when if piped to a tank can be used to air up tires. Best compressor? Wide open question with 1,000,000's of interpretations depending on whom you ask. Electric or engine driven? Converted A/C pump or after market, engine size, number of batteries, etc, yada, yada, yada.

Identify ALL your air needs (lockers, tires, suspention, tools ... ) and get one at least 25% larger :-)
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I dont see why you couldnt power em both with one compressor the pressure to them is controlled by your switch not the fact that the compressor is on. Just use a small air tank as a reservoir to make sure you have enough air

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    I dont see why you couldnt power em both with one compressor the pressure to them is controlled by your switch not the fact that the compressor is on. Just use a small air tank as a reservoir to make sure you have enough air
    this is what ARB does one compressor with a T fitting adn two pressure switches.

I recommend doing the belt driven compressor just because i hate lots of wires under my hood
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    I recommend doing the belt driven compressor just because i hate lots of wires under my hood
    Wire's ain't nut'n
    First: The engine drive will take some HP to turn when engaged, and slightly less when it's not. Think A/C compressor, it spins all the time, but only 'drives' when the magnets are engaged to drive the pully and crank the pistons.
    Upside: You can control when it 'engages' or have the press switch do it for you so you always have, "a full tank".
    Downside: You gotta be running the engine to fill the tank when your using air tools or filling lotsa big tires, and it can only go in one place.
    Elect-trick
    Upside: You can run off the battery if your in camp and pumping up mattresses (or sheep) No HP drain on the motor when it is running, and can go wherever you want it!
    Downside: Gotta make room for it some where, and yes - wires.

They both have the same plumbing involved to wherever the tank and outlet are.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

my bad i wasnt clear i was refering to a york AC compressor since they came on many AMC AC equipt vehicles and are easily adapted
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

Member #377

my bad i wasnt clear i was refering to a york AC compressor since they came on many AMC AC equipt vehicles and are easily adapted
    Yeah, your bad!! Slap yourself on the wrist and have a beer

Haven't seen you for a while - you OK?
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Yeah, your bad!! Slap yourself on the wrist and have a beer

Haven't seen you for a while - you OK?

Work, Work, Work. oh yeah remodel house, build engine for jeep, learn how to tune GM TBI with the moates system and get my jeep running at a decent level.

thanks for asking

Member #377

Well you have a job anyway. Work I can relate to, too. Here it is almost Santa time and I have 200 emails on my account at home some that I haven't gotten to in a month!
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Well you have a job anyway. Work I can relate to, too. Here it is almost Santa time and I have 200 emails on my account at home some that I haven't gotten to in a month!
    funny how that works. Yep nose to grind stone attempting to keep what i've got. no complaints happy to still be bringing something home for the table.

Goodluck hopefully you get to spend a little time with family over christmas and get caught up on those emails

Member #377