Bulltear Ad

Thread: '84 G/W oil pan torq spec's? amc 360

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

'84 G/W oil pan torq spec's? amc 360

I'm Installing a new oil pan in my wag; is there any tricks I should know about before I do this? Thanks in advance. Bob

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    In the vehicle or out?

If it's in the vehicle, you can use a bit of Permatex trim adhesive to stick the side gaskets to the block. The rubber end gaskets go in first, with a dab of RTV where the side and end gaskets meet. No sealer should be needed except where they meet.

The torque spec I have is 5-8 ft/lbs for the 1/4-20 bolts, and 10-12 ft/lbs for the 5/16 bolts. Start in the middle and work out.

Before you mount the pan lay a straight edge along the sides, and peen back the flange on any holes that are warped from over tightening.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford