Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Frustrated :oops: - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated :oops:

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    HOLY $HIT

WTF is up with THIS???

Sub Total $19.00
    * Shipping --- free
    Handling $10.95
    *** Total $29.95

To pull a 5/8" sized socket out a of bin and drop it in a frigg'n box???

Needless to say I canx'ed the order - that's out f'kng ragous!!

I'll buy a cheap socket and cut to suit for $2!!!

edit: sorry my bad, it's a 3/4 socket and I have an old one that's "going under the knife" (ok, band saw and die grinder)
    Can't wait for a certain MACHINIST to get back off deployment =D>
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    is the sleeve socket the same thing for a MD 30 rear?

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    It's the same as a Dana 30 front. As a matter of fact, the Dana 30 and 44 use the same ball joints. I bought mine years ago for my CJ.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    It's the same as a Dana 30 front. As a matter of fact, the Dana 30 and 44 use the same ball joints. I bought mine years ago for my CJ.

Bob
    tufcj
    Well I have one or two of those here as well, but $amn!! Free shipping but almost $11 for "handling"!!

Yeah - I know:
    If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.

Henry Ford
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I have the socket

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

I have one now too Carved up the junker socket, now all I need to do is find the right socket for the frigg'n nut (bigger than 1 1/4, smaller than 1 1/2 and I can't find my 'tween sizes?? to losen the BJ.

Think about having the right tool One that fit's a nut to loosen your BJ ... it would be WAAAAAAAYYYYY good right now
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I used an 18 inch crescent wrench when I did a buddies ball joints

Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    I used an 18 inch crescent wrench when I did a buddies ball joints
    Tried an 18" pipe wrench (adjusted correctly) - was afraid I was going to pull the Jeep off the jack stand!!! Found the right socket at Northern Tool for the impact wrench today
    tomorrow - the AIR TOOLS!!!!

Like I told Fuzz on the phone, whomever put this axel together didn't know what the &uck they were doing!! It took the spindle nut socket and about 250+ pounds of impact hammer to get the outter nut loose!! They had jacked this thing so tight the slotted washer was starting to thread and the pin on the inner nut was sheared off (might have been part of the problem with the outter bearing coming out in pieces and the race being a perd'y shade of blue??)

Next is the diff - if they can't assemble a wheel bearing right- I doubt the locker is set right. (the rear wasn't too bad though?) And I'm hoping the cost of buying and rebuilding somebody's elses 44 is STILL going to be less than a new one (or a D60FF)

We'll see . . .

Oh, did I mention the 5 nuts holding the brake caliper mount on weren't even tightened down? THAT is the cause of a total rebuild. The dumb ba$tards who "built" this axle got one over on me. A$$ hole!!! If I could find his e-mail or phone number we would have a discussion - but my hard drived crashed and I lost all that
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

some people just dont have the patience to do it right. I tell people all the time when they ask to help that I rather do it by myself cause if I screw it up I cant blame anyone but myself and my own stupidity

5 nuts holding on the brake caliper mount????? Should be 6 for GM, jeep and dodge....ford used 5 nuts to hold the spindle on....you sure you ain't got ford from the knuckle out?????
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!