Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Frustrated :oops: - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated :oops:

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Guess I forgot to mention - 1 nut was missing 6 studs, 5 nuts and not all of them run down to the brake plate.

Got it sandblased yesterday, beat the rust out & straightend the flange, then welded 'fingers' back down and fixed up some holes, blasted it again then gave it 2 coats of rust preventive paint. when I get the ball joints replaced and the knuckle painted I can reasemble. I've got the rotor, knuckle and spindle soaking in degreaser

Today was fantastic (78* & sunny) but I took my sister up to visit the man-child at college and have luch at his favorite Tai place The only thing I was able to do today was the second coat of paint and replace a worn and leaking air hose coupling
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    1 nut was missing 6 studs, 5 nuts and not all of them run down to the brake plate
    1 nut missing = mudrat

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    1 nut missing = mudrat
    Hell they were both cut in 1990 But on the Jeep, yeah, just one missing
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Now it gets better.
    Went to punch the ball joints out and put almost 20 tons on the upper, and it ain't moving!!! When I get some time this weekend, I'll break out 'the heater' and try putting a couple thousand degrees on it!!
    Still frustrated, I'm still hoping to have it ready to run by the IFSJA meet in June - The April run in Florida is out
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    heat it up and spray it with PB blaster and let it sit for a night or two. do these balljoints use the snap rings? make sure they dont cause those will cause a lot of problems.

Only snap ring I've found is the bottom ball joint and it looks like it's used just for a depth setting, not holding anything.

The upper joint is the same way, snap ring on the outside of the 'C' as a depth gauge. I did notice when I finally got the knuckle off, it looked like the upper joint was canted 1-2*. My first attempt was to press it back in and try and straighten it, but it didn't move in either

Guess I'll need to take some pix ...
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

HEAT!! Lots and lots of heat - the 20 ton press, and a 3# hammer
    Ball joints are out =D>

Now to clean'm up, toss some paint on'm and put this side back together!!
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

OK, the knuckle had been beade blasted, cleaned, painted and installed (looks GOOD!)!! Now it seems my 'parts' are different than the Chiltons, Haynes and TSM - I'm begining to wonder which D44's these are I have the repair manuals (all makes AMC to Zepher) from 55 to 83 and the Haynes Jeeps books from 45 to 75 and the TSM for the 80-93 CJ's and YJ's, and there ain't noth'n matching

Need to R&R the spindle bearings and there are "different" parts removed than the manuals state. Back at it tomorrow ...
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Finally got a chance to get the rotor down to the brake shop - he won't turn'm because of the rust pits - yeah their ugly, but didn't think they were that bad!!!

So the search is on for replacement disc brake rotors. I like the ones at SSBC, but NOT for $290.00 (just the rotors!) But they are slotted and cross drilled BUT $110.00 for replacement pads?!?!?!
    There's a pair of OEMs on EBAY for $44.00

The search is just starting for new rotors - but *crap* again and really nasty curses on the A$$hole that got over on me
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE