Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Frustrated :oops: - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated :oops:

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    W-AILLLLLL the saga continues ....

Got some time to reassemble the parts, it was a real B1TCH to get the spindle in. After the rubber dead blow, I took the air wrench to the studs and then went to get the rotors turned - 3 shops said no, too pitted. So I ordered new ones (EBay $44 for the pair =D> ). I took today off to finish bead blasting the hub and parts and reassemble - something wasn't right - WAY to muich force to get parts to fit (especially the spindle into the 'C') .

So now I find the outer 'C' is "BENT" Don't know if it was the pressure needed to extract the ball joints, the heat added to make that happen or a combination, but when I seated the brake caliper, spindle, and tried to get the rotor/hub assy on, it didn't fit right. Not to mention there is no room for a grease zerk with the axle in there

Took the hub off and looked at how the spindle and the backing plate was 'seated' and it's not flush with the knuckle Top and bottom there is better than 3/32" between the brake support and the spindle, the sides are tight.

"Ready to run" my ass!!!! These frigg'n axles are costing me time and $$$$ Not looking good for the FSJ Invasion right now - I'll be in FL for a month between now and then
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    There's NEVER room for a zerk in the upper ball joint. They usually include a plug with new ones for that reason. Once the ball joint is installed, put in the zerk, fill with grease, then swap in the plug. THEN you can install the axle shaft.

Don't know how it could have warped, even with heat. That's pretty stout cast steel.

Keep working at it, I'm sure you'll get it solved.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Rat you hurry up and get it done you and the 360 could be doing this also

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

I'm in FL for the next month - won't even see my Heep
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    11.85@108.63/11.87@107.87

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Pat,

Here is a quick run-down with your knuckle. Don't mind the pics, some are Fuzzy.

Here is a Picture of the second Seized stud. Man, I tried like He!! to get it out... but, I only ended up breaking my vice

Stud has been cut and drilled. After this pic I stepped up the bits until there was barely any material remaining and then I was able to use a scribe to pull the rest of the stud out.

Stud has been removed and drilled to size. Notice on the second hole how the material has been lifted, you can see the witness ring.

Another pic of the hole only difference is that it's chamfered.

Hole has been tapped and the insert installed. The second hole has been drilled and chamfered.

Second hole has been tapped and is ready for the Keensert.

Both Keenserts have been installed and NOW you're ready to rock. (When is the working party meeting up)

A top picture of the Keenserts installed. Notice the witness ring is gone

So, there it is Pat... She's ready and waiting for your approval...

Rich

Damn man!!! LOOKS GREAT!!

What time to you usually get to work on the ship? I can meet you in the PKG lot or buy you a bottle of water in the office, or I think I have an apple juice left!!

And I am taking this weekend off so any time you want to come by, please do - and I have stronger stuff than water in my shop
    Matt - if you tell me your comming down I'll find some original Ouzzo!!

Oh and just took the truck to the shopt to see WTF tossed that code yesterday
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I'll be over that way I'm guessing around noon-thirty tomorrow...
    I might be able to swing by this weekend and lend a hand with the axle... You might have to pm me your addy again..... I'm pretty sure it's out in the Excursion... but, just in-case.

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    I'll be over that way I'm guessing around noon-thirty tomorrow...
    I might be able to swing by this weekend and lend a hand with the axle... You might have to pm me your addy again..... I'm pretty sure it's out in the Excursion... but, just in-case.
    PM sent
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Did you get her installed yet? If so, where's the pics?