Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Frustrated :oops: - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated :oops:

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Negative - getting home after 1800 this week I just didn't feel like working in the shop. I need to pick up a 9/16 tap and clean the threads. I tried screwing in one of the new studs and could only get about 3 threads in before binding. I want to clean them ALL up before I screw the pooch again. It'll get done this weekend. Need to get the trailer in for inspection this weekend too, which means I have to unload the Waggy before going to the inspection station

Also need to get a new archery target and start practicing for deer season
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    I completely understand. As for those threads, they should be good because I ran a tap down them... I'm wondering if the studs are in question... But, I do have a die nut and tap you can use...
    Deer season... Man, I haven't been deer hunting in .... Well, in long time... I've been in 10 years and I can only think of one time since entering the service ... Sad times the more I think about it....

Need to check my tap collection, I thought I had one but couldn't find it the other night. Studs are hardend and wrapped in plastic sleeves. Really kinda surprised I couldn't get past 3 threads with my fingers

As for the venison - need to see how this season goes. I got registered for an "all-you-can-shoot" hunt in Nov. The place is over ridden with deer and they have 4 days a season that are this way. I sat on the phone 45 minutes wating to make reservations and I got 1 day out of 4. Go figure. But what my buddy said, he culled 4 of them a day in '07, with a bow!! I have one now. I just need to learn how to shoot it better
    Then there is the rifle season up near "West-by-God-VA" over Thanksgiving. Told the guys in Philly not to f*ck with those days or I would just change locations
    We just need snow, not that 60*, windy crap we had a couple years ago

Had Elk chili for lunch today (Tennessee Elk) - my partner there in the office brought in a couple GALLONS for the whole shop!!!
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Let me know about the tap/die situation as I have a few kicking around the garage... I know that those 9/16"-18 holes are good... If anything, there might be residual debris in the threads... If the tolerances are tight any little amount of dirt/debris will cause headaches. Those studs are 9/16"-18? ...
    Deer and Elk is really good. My Aunt and Uncle make Elk jerky every year...

Pat,

I went to P-N-P and somebody already snatched those perfect light tan leather waggy seats...
    The lady said they go for $25 a pop... and seeing there's a 1/2 off sale going on somebody scored those three seats for $35

Thought you had duty today? I'd have gone with you
    Crap Oh well ... did you grab the hood & rear cover?

Got to working on the Heep, after cleaning the house, oil change & air filter cleaning in the Dodge, cuting the grass and practicing with the bow

The Knuckle is back on, but... (click pic for larger pic)

And I cleaned the stud pockets really, really good since I couldn find my 9/16 tap and Lowes doesn't carry taps any more

I still can only get the studs 3-4 threads into the sockets

-Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    9/16-18 fine thread?

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    9/16-18 fine thread?
    dunno - is that considere d'fine thread' for a 9/16 stud? Both socket and stud are the same pitch.
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Thought you had duty today? I'd have gone with you
    Crap Oh well ... did you grab the hood & rear cover?
    I went yesterday. The Hood is still there I totally forgot about it Somebody... Whomever removed the seats jacked the rear cover up...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    The Knuckle is back on, but... (click pic for larger pic)

And I cleaned the stud pockets really, really good since I couldn find my 9/16 tap and Lowes doesn't carry taps any more

I still can only get the studs 3-4 threads into the sockets

I'm pretty sure the 9/16-18 taps are NF.... The studs aren't metric are they? J/K

Check your threads with a thread pitch gauge and then measure the outside diameter of the studs with your dial caliper, let me know what you get.

Yeah, I'm sure it's 9/16 and since you tapped them, you know they are!! And Lowes, Home Depot, Sears and Northern don't carry tap/dies that size - unless you want to buy a full $129 kit at Sears

I cleaned the crap out of them again and spun the studs in without too much effort. Took the wrench, but didn't thread the lock nut - so not difficult.

So, as I was fitting it all back together ...

Found the next problem ...

ARRRRRGGGHhhhhhhh

The spacer, once installed, is wider than the knuckle and won't allow the brake plate to fit. Just said f*@k it and odered the arms from Ballistic fab - they're having a Labor day sale
    More delay, but I can work the brake MC issue I guess

Going to go practice with the bow and have a few beers
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE