Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil splasher for cam gear

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    use the brushes and some good solvent to remove any debris from the passages and make sure everything in the timing set lines up properly

Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    use the brushes and some good solvent to remove any debris from the passages and make sure everything in the timing set lines up properly
    I think I finally figured out why it might have lost pressure to the cam gear... the bolt/thick washer that bolts into the end of the cam had a bit of oil buildup that would have cause oil to leak out through it rather than let the oil out through theholes int he cam gear.. this time I'll put some RTV on the edge of the washer & make sure the holes are cleared out & make sure that the passages are clean...
    74' CJ5: fiberglass tub, AMC 360, HEI, Edelbrock intake & 600CFM carb w/ offroad needle kit, T18a, D20, D44/D30 3.73's, 32" mud kings, 2" body lift, custom dash, painless harness, custom bumpers, Tabor9k winch blah blah..

I wouldn't really use rtv on anything inside the engine especially to seal oil under pressure. Fix it right.
    If you're not sure then check the washer for flatness with an oil stone or smooth sandpaper on a flat surface..

I might just do that... I have some flat plate glass & some 400-800-1000 grit sandpaper.. still waiting on the parts I ordered last monday.. seems 1 set of parts shipped yesterday & the other is set to ship tomorrow if it's going as it looks.. I should have it all to put together on monday (my day off mon - wed) going to also chase the threads in the cam to see if the bolt was stopped before it sealed the gear up..
    74' CJ5: fiberglass tub, AMC 360, HEI, Edelbrock intake & 600CFM carb w/ offroad needle kit, T18a, D20, D44/D30 3.73's, 32" mud kings, 2" body lift, custom dash, painless harness, custom bumpers, Tabor9k winch blah blah..