Thread: leaf spring identification help

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum

leaf spring identification help

when I bought my Jeep they came with the current leaf setup. I bent the passenger rear and want to replace them. The top is labeled J's Offroad J-10 so they seem to be aftermarket. They are 57" with the short side being 25-25 1/2". They have 5 packs and had an overload leaf that I removed. What can I replace these with and where can I find them?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Year and type Jeep? LJ, YJ, CJ, DJ, SJ, ZJ, J-truck ...

Unless there has been suspension mods like lengthing or moving the sping mounts you can go to any one of a number of sites to get replacements, Superlift, Rustys Off Road, BJ's Off Road, 4WP Wholesalers, etc.......................JC Whiney even
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    It is a Scrambler. I had to move the from mounts forward about 2 1/2" and the rear about 2". I think they are from an 80-96 1/2 ton Ford. They are way longer than the stock and give that extra flex.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Go forth and measure, then compare
    http://www.eatonsprings.com/measuring.htm
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE