Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Chrysler Closes 789 Dealers Today

Thread: Chrysler Closes 789 Dealers Today

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Chrysler Closes 789 Dealers Today

Chrysler pink slipped 789 dealers today as part of its bankruptcy...

Here is the list...

http://freep.com/uploads/pdfs/2009/05/0514_chrysler.pdf

I'm glad mine is AMC
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Thats a lot Looks like about 6 in my state
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I heard nearly 40 in Illinois, including 20 in the Chicago area. They interviewed one dealer on the news last night, his family has been selling cars since his grandfather started selling Model T's in 1919. They've told him they don't want the cars or parts inventory back, those are his problem. 20+ people will lose their jobs, and he says bankruptcy may be the only option.

Is that any way for a company to treat a loyal dealership? More of Obama's "strong arm" tactics trickling down.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

WOW.

So, what do they have to do, sell the car for what they bought it for or is Obama going to give all the rides to his people. I need a car but won't qualify.
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Yes way to treat the loyal re-sellers. Chrysler may have a hard time getting dealers for FIAT and Chryco after this.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Problem is, it just ads more people to the unemployment and her comes the 1930's again. We will be getting our food from Osama when we stand in line.
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    what baffles me is they are pushing for consolodation of the dealerships ect.

So the repair services that they offer will go away with teh closing of the facility....... yet no independant shops can get the codes or reading equiptment to work on these vehicles so all info is still proprietary. The trickle down impact of this is going to be huge. alot of small towns will loose their only major service shop and the dealership in one fail swoop.

These are independant businesses that offer more than jsut car sales. I don't think they realize the ball they have just started rolling if you figure 3000 dealerships between GM and Chrysler that will be closed and an average of 60 employees per dealership thats 180,000 more people out of work.....and i think the number of employees ect per dealership is going to be higher since many employ more than 60. but lets just pull the plug in Washington DC and tell private businesses that they need to close. this is the problem with not letting hte market dictate who survives and who fails.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    My Dodge shop is on the list. Grafton has better manhour rates than POMOCO ($20 less an hour!!), and those a$$ holes are not on the list . My back-up dealer is also closing, Tysinger in Hampton

Anybody wanna buy a 2500 4dr 4WD long bed??
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Ya know what I do feel bad for all of these people losing their jobs, but in the end (hopefully) it will lead to bigger and better things for them.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON