Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
amc v8 lifters same as mopar? - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: amc v8 lifters same as mopar?

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    Maybe the problem with the Oil Slot location applies to only Roller Lifters ?
    In the Elgin Catalog it also shows same Part Number Hydraulic Lifter for Mopar & AMC,
    but different part numbers for Solid Lifters between Mopar & AMC.

And check this out from the Elgin Catalog about their "HP" Hydraulic Lifters and Pre-Load.

'69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Technically the AMC V8 or 360 became a Mopar part # after 1987. You can find similar listings for Mopar 360 and AMC/Mopar 360 or even Mopar/Jeep 360 1987-1991 and Mopar/Jeep 360 1998 (which is the true Mopar 360 used in Grand cherokees).
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

lifters

I may still have the original lifters somewhere I will try and trackem down and do a side by side comparison thanks again for the replies I will post reply if I can find em
    an amc was my first car and so will also be my last car/jeep

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by AMX69PHATTY
    Maybe the problem with the Oil Slot location applies to only Roller Lifters ?
    In the Elgin Catalog it also shows same Part Number Hydraulic Lifter for Mopar & AMC,
    but different part numbers for Solid Lifters between Mopar & AMC.

And check this out from the Elgin Catalog about their "HP" Hydraulic Lifters and Pre-Load.

I think the difference between the solid lifters is amc uses pushrod oiling and mopar oils through the head. So the solid lifter for the amc has an oil passage in it.

For the hydraulic lifter, the Chyrsler push rod has a solid ball on the end of the pushrods blocking the oil hole in the hydraulic lifter cup.