Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STUDS!!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

STUDS!!!

Having a b1tch of a time trying to find 9/16-18 standard studs 4" long, to clamp down my Hi-Steer arms
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    What about Tidewater Fasteners? There are a couple Hardware Stores locally (Towards Ocean View) that have grade 8... 9/16" 18... I know they had 3 1/2"... I'll head out there tomorrow and see... If they do, you want me to grab 2 or 3?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    What about Tidewater Fasteners? There are a couple Hardware Stores locally (Towards Ocean View) that have grade 8... 9/16" 18... I know they had 3 1/2"... I'll head out there tomorrow and see... If they do, you want me to grab 2 or 3?

Rich
    Didn't see them on their page on McMaster Carr or at B&S Bolts - York Bolt didn't have any either Need 8 for the Hi Steer Also looks like I'll have some time off - at home for a change - in Aug. Ready for a tranny swap??? I'll provide the beer and tools. The T-18 with 4:1 D300 and 4.56's should be pretty good.
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Just let me know about the swap... The Granny T18 is on the garage floor as well as the D20... Hopefully by then I'll have plates on the waggy... It needs some work but, it should be a fun drive over there... lol. I didn't get out to the hardware store... tomorrow I am heading over there... It's going to be an early day for me...
    My paperwork is in for leave... the end of this month and the beginning of August I should be free.

Got hit today about 1100, I need to be in Mayport NLT 26 July for 21-25 days. So much for vacation time I have about 7 weeks on the books and no time to take it

Let me know what I owe you for the studs - Might could make 3.5's work, but I would rather have 4" to meet SUBSAFE requirements Call it a MILSPEC thing - the whole Jeep is that way!! Hey, if it works on the battle field, it should hold up well to the trails right?!?!?!
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Got hit today about 1100, I need to be in Mayport NLT 26 July for 21-25 days. So much for vacation time I have about 7 weeks on the books and no time to take it

Let me know what I owe you for the studs - Might could make 3.5's work, but I would rather have 4" to meet SUBSAFE requirements Call it a MILSPEC thing - the whole Jeep is that way!! Hey, if it works on the battle field, it should hold up well to the trails right?!?!?!
    Dang man... trust me, I understand that pain... lol. I have 51 days on the books... last year I lost 19 days (I barely take leave unless it's an emergency so one would think I'd be able to... ha... ha... ha... I WISH!) This Optimal Manning crap needs to go... too many juniors with-out a clue or common sense (I'm sure you see it everyday with your job as you walk the p-ways/engine rooms etc)...
    I'll grab as many as I can... SUBSAFE (I'm getting flashbacks of SIMA)... Well, it's always better to build it stronger than what it will ever be needed for...

I hit the Hardware store... they had one 3 1/2" grade 8 bolt left (Looks like it was used on something)... I asked the old man if he had any more boxes in the back and he said no... He did say that he would order a few boxes... I told him I needed 10...
    He told me to check back in a week or two... If you still want them I'll swing by weekly until they arrive...

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    I hit the Hardware store... they had one 3 1/2" grade 8 bolt left (Looks like it was used on something)... I asked the old man if he had any more boxes in the back and he said no... He did say that he would order a few boxes... I told him I needed 10...
    He told me to check back in a week or two... If you still want them I'll swing by weekly until they arrive...

Rich
    Yea, I'm stuck without them
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Sounds good man... I'll keep you posted, if I don't reply in a timely manner hit me up on the PM side.

Will do. I gotta put the left front back on and roll the Jeep so I can finish the brakes on the right front.

Yesterday helped a dude do the Nutter and declutter the engine bay on his Scrambler. Need to work on mine today.
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE