Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STUDS!!!

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Yeah, a face to a name Hope your not too far into the dog house because of todays excursion.
    It was Definitely good to put a face with a name... The dog house wasn't/isn't too bad... She made her comments, lol... I went home took the front end off of the Waggy and she went to her sisters with the kids... We gotta do that more often... today was the most productive day I had in months...

Got the knuckle off and pressed out the ball joints to make it easier - still one stud there, I was afraid to pull it out Took a ride over to MSC before we met up and they are closed on Sat so if you have a source for them great!
    Do you want me to remove that stud or leave it alone?

Also to round out the day, got the boys truck inspected - had to change a licence plate light to 'pass inspection' (PITA on a mini-Blazer)!! Fed the cats, got the yard cut, weed-wacked and leaf blown, the bike washed and put away, and fixed the canvas in the portable garage. Oh yeah, filled my truck, the Jeep and the boys truck with gas, filled the bike a couple days ago (my 'good dad deed' for the day).
    Just when I thought I had a productive day... lol. Sounds like you stayed busy most of the day...

And that T-18 anin't light!! The way you slung it into the Jeep didn't think much about it till I went to get it out and put it away. SH!T that sumbitch is heavy (and leaks a little ) Scrubbed the back of the Jeep out before the man-child took it to work.
    Yeah she has a little weight... 150lbs (give or take). I had to take it easy because I have a "twinge" in my lower left lumbar... I slept on my stomach the other day... (first time since my bi-lateral hernia surgery)... I won't be laying on my stomach again that's for sure... Man, I can't wait to start lifting weights again just so I can get my size and strength back...
    As for the T18... The top cover needs to be removed and re-sealed with RTV... possibly the pto cover as-well I can't remember if I opened that up...

Anyway, see you tomorrow - I bail at noon for the airport.
    Yeah man, I have the alarm set... I should be up there by 0945-ish...

Rich

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Do you want me to remove that stud or leave it alone?
    I left it there as a witness pin for you. I would feel better if it were pulled and made sure the anti-size actually did it's job. As you can see by the first stud, it took two of us with a cheater and pipe wrench when it was installed on the Jeep. Can't get any torque on it now If it chews the threads, then a second Kensert would be in order
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Yeah man, I have the alarm set... I should be up there by 0945-ish...
    Rich
    Well as you can see, I'm up Gotta finish packing
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I wouldnt use helicoils I would weld and have it remachined at a minimum

Looks like somebody 'Had the power' to split this thread

Still have a problem though:

"TOOLS!
    Moderators: None"

Dave? MC??
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    Anti-sieze is great, but no substitute for chasing threads with a tap first.............
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

Did that and used anti-seize, still happened, don't know why. The Kenserts seem to be doing their job though.
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    Sometimes stating the obvious obvious doesn't work. Are you sure the threads weren't metric by accident? Either that or the original threads were degraded by the heat,corrosion or the removal of the original stud (which could have been slightly incorrect).
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

6 of 8 were good. Only 2 of 4 on the one knuckle were hosed. And I chsed the threads with a standard 9/16 die first, that was the confusing part. I didn't chases the studs because they *looked* good.

Oh well . . .
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE