Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Flywheels

Thread: Flywheels

Flywheels

How about aluminum (or steel) flywheels that are bolt ins with the correct balancing? McLeod seems to be the only people who even try to supply them and since they have been bought, sold, bought, sold and reclaimed, their stuff is really $$$.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    That's not a bad idea... Just get the rings, cut the centers press weld and balance.. cha-ching...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    The trouble is is that there is no "correct balancing". OEM stuff was generically balanced based on the average weight of crank, rods, and pistons.

Once you change any of the components, the factory balance will be off. Even a generically balanced piece would have to be balanced to match the parts the motor is built with.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    OEM stuff was generically balanced based on the average weight of crank, rods, and pistons.
    Close enough. If the factory could sell replacement flywheels over the counter that could be bolted on and go, it can still be done. The are thousands of flywheels sold every year for Chevrolets, Fords, MoPars and every other make for engines that are not neutral balanced and they work. Engine balancing is compromised on averages anyway.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    there are chinese cheapo flywheels on ebay from time to time for $125 but i'd sure lit to see a quality steel flywheel some day
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Advanced Clutches sells race clutch and aluminum SFI certified AMC flywheels see www.advancedclutches.com
    Everything is in house designed and built; just like Bulltear! Check out their life-weight flywheel. My dual 7" sundered-iron race cluch, flywheel & pressure plate weighs just shy of 20#'s.
    I believe your looking at around $750 for flywheel only. Call them and ask if they can make you a heavier and not nearly as trick AMC flywheel for less money. I believe McLeod is about the same price and it's just a standard aluminum flywheel.