Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
carb question

Thread: carb question

carb question

hello all , new to the forum , heres my question , i have a jeep with a 304 , with the edelbrock performer trio ( cam carb and intake ) headers and d.u.i. ignition . when i get up to temp , it has a slight hesitation when i accelerate (really slight ) . before it is at temp its fine . i was told i need a spacer between carb and intake (only a gasket now ) because my fuel might be "percolating" sound right ? also edelbrock makes a 1" and 2" spacer , is bigger better ? she runs perfectly otherwise any thoughts ?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Yes a spacer can help make sure its phenolic and not aluminum phenolic is fiberglass reinforced nylon...tough stuff and doesnt transmit much heat.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

thank you , what about the thickness ? will it matter if i use 1 inch or 2 inch ?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Shouldn't. If you only have a slight hicup. If you have the room to the hood - go of the 2" and match the ports so the air flow is smooth from carb to spacer and spacer to intake.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    A spacer will move the power band up in the RPM range a bit. The bigger the spacer, the higher it moves. I just needed an insulator, and used a 1/2" phenolic spacer on my AMX.

What size Edelbrock carb are you running? My AMX had a hesitation, and it was easily cured with a different secondary spring.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

i got the performer 550 cfm , i just installed the 1 in spacer ,and it runs perfectly !

550 cfm.... duh ! 500 cfm !

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Good deal, glad you sorted it out. Now make sure your fuel lines are well away from heat sources
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE