Thread: Billet U-joint Caps

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)

Billet U-joint Caps

So there I was... In my garage and waiting for the engine paint to dry... Being Half bored and half buzzed from Yuengling I decided to dig threw some old papers. I stumbled upon one of my old "To Do List"... and Half way down this list I had wrote machine U-joint Caps from billet aluminum/SS...
    I was thinking (Dangerous I know)... why not toss this idea out to BULLTEAR... SO, here it is...
    Billet HD U-joint Caps...
    here is a link of what I am talking about... (ONLY WITH BULLTEAR LOGO ON IT)...
    http://stores.hi-potek.com/-strse-21...ied/Detail.bok

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Those look pretty cool
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Yeah not too bad looking... I've read that these are awesome...
    I think if I were to use these I'd make the holes a little bigger and drill out the threaded portion of the yoke to run the next bolt size with locknuts etc...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Before you do, think about the amount of metal you'll need to remove from the yoke to get the larger nuts to fit. I installed an HD yoke when I rebuilt the x-fer case with the 4::1 kit and had to have the yoke milled 3/32 to fit the standard 5/16 bolt and nut. For an MR it shouldn't be difficult, but before you install the yoke make sure the hardware clears. Lesson learned the hard way And I don't have a mill at my disposal anymore
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Before you do, think about the amount of metal you'll need to remove from the yoke to get the larger nuts to fit. I installed an HD yoke when I rebuilt the x-fer case with the 4::1 kit and had to have the yoke milled 3/32 to fit the standard 5/16 bolt and nut. For an MR it shouldn't be difficult, but before you install the yoke make sure the hardware clears. Lesson learned the hard way And I don't have a mill at my disposal anymore
    I'm not too worried about the amount of material on these smaller axles, there seems to be plenty of meat...