Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My 1982 Waggy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1982 Waggy

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Thanks man....
    Here is a little more progress... not much but, it's something. I still need to put the front cross bar for the side support and the two outer top tubes connecting the 1st hoop to the 2nd hoop. The 3rd hoop needs to be bent up... The 2nd and 3rd hoop will get the "X"... Did you ever get that feeling like you're going roll it?

Well, I got a little more done on the rollcage... man, it was a hot one today... I had a few design changes... Instead of doing the "X" on the 2nd hoop I am doing a "Y".. I will be fabricating a bolt-in crossmember with a mounting plate to tie it into the cage. Plus when it's time for a new body I can remove it all without any extra work. lol

Well, I got the other hoop bent and I should be able to tack together the rest of the cage by the end of the night...
    Here is a short vid of me taking the "project" down the road... I need to hold the shifts a little longer...

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...t=100_1580.flv

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Well, I got the other hoop bent and I should be able to tack together the rest of the cage by the end of the night...
    Here is a short vid of me taking the "project" down the road... I need to hold the shifts a little longer...

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...t=100_1580.flv
    Ummm. the link sends us to the PB registration page???

I started getting the Hydroboost brakes installed today - after a full day of working in the yard ...
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Let me try something else... she's ugly right!? How did you like the hot humid day...

Didn't get too far on the cage last night... between the cold frosty ones and the crappy weather (my excuses for laziness) this is what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Didn't get too far on the cage last night... between the cold frosty ones and the crappy weather (my excuses for laziness) this is what I did.
    Weather SUX! Too damned hot to give a 'Rats' butt!! haven't got much done in the yard, got the new forks on the Harlley and a wee bit done on the hydroboost brakes for the Jeep.

'rat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Weather has been crazy... I guess that's what happens when the Gov't plays with it...
    Anyway, below is another pic....

I have 90% of the cage together or tacked... Need another stick to finish it off...

Gett'n there

Was it a full HP run on the road? The video still is N/A
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Gett'n there

Was it a full HP run on the road? The video still is N/A
    Hmmm, sometimes you have to stop the video and then restart it.
    It was about 1/2 throttle slightly more... I still had plenty of room to the floor. On the way back I got on it and it spun the 35's then it caught and I shifted to 2nd. I'll have to wait for the full HP run until my holley comes back and the plates are on it. But, nobody here (wife ) wants to ride in it... My buddy is leaving to go to Great Mistakes (RDC) I know he would... But, I'm sure I can find one of the guys that I work with to ride shotgun... I'll have a video recorder just in-case.
    This would be a fun motor to put in a car that weighs 3200 lbs max.