Thread: New Project

Thank you from BT Gear Head

New Project

Well, it might be a challenge to my sanity but I picked up a new project today. I got a Cj-7 frame thats set up on Chebby 1/2 ton running gear, D44 front and 12 bolt rear. both geared 4:88 spool in the back and a lockright in the front. Front spring mounts are outboarded and the steering is set up with a hydraulic assist. It is also setup with the most god awfull ugly 3 link set up in the rear I have ever seen, it uses a brace welded to the rear end with a top link from a tractor 3 pt hitch attached to it.
    As far as drivetrain, Im not sure what I'm going to do yet, I've got a 401 that I need to do something with, but I could also go with an 360. For a tranny I've got a TH-400 D20 combo that could be used, Or Ive got a 727 that I could put a D300 t-case on. If I go with a manual I've got either a t-150 3 sp (not likely) or a t18 4 sp.
    I spent about 15 years doing muddrags and bogs and ive still got a bunch of stuff tucked back in the corner of the garage

I need to get it into the barn and do a real good checkover on evereything, but I think I've got a good start for a new Mudrunner project.
    This should really drive the wife crazy

I'll try to get some Pics of it and get them posted.
    J- Just
    E- Empty
    E- Every
    P- Pocket
    ...and the peasants danced

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    if the wife starts throwing things remember to "DUCK" almost
    forgot, WEAR BODY ARMOR !!!! i lost my jeep to the wife. but i still have my backbone and balls
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962