Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
4x4 Gantry kit - cable carrier install
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4x4 Gantry kit - cable carrier install

Helpfull BT forum member Captain

4x4 Gantry kit - cable carrier install

So the grunt running the bandsaw at my local metal supply didn't see fit to give me the extra 6" is asked for on the 10' stick I was gonna cut in half to make the linear rail mounts with all the tapped holes. Don't bother reading the order form buddy, its almost quitting time!

I went home without checking....damn Friday afternoon at 4pm, everyone is in a rush to get home and makes mistakes. I can't return a cut piece either.

4x4 table drawing callout is 62"....if I use this material I will only have 60".

What is the length of the linear rail, can I use 60" and not get into reducing the work zone?

I don't mind if I have to have the hard stops hanging off the ends of the 60". i read the drive rack is short so if you rapid the gantry off the end of the table it runs out of rack and coasts into the stops.

Can this work with 60", or do i gotta go back and buy more steel?

I could be tapping those holes today......otherwise I'm twiddling my thumbs wasting the day.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Length of the rail is 62". It is possible to add a support "L" bracket later after it is all together.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

hhmm. ok thx. i think i'll get new stuff then.

I guess this is my build thread, so here's some pics.

Picked up the steel friday, cut it up that night. 2-8', 3-10', and 1-10'-6" would have done it with some trim left over. as above, i got shorted on the 10'-6" one i was gonna use for the rail mounts. Its 3/16" wall.

whizzed together is thing to help out the bandsaw. old CJ rollbar material, XJ control arm bolt.

cut to length, minus the rail mounts @ 62"

My shop lacks a large flat surface for making a table.
    Tough to keep 'er square.

Some casters. 2 swivel, it moves around great like this, will have to see how it is with more weight on it. as you can see, my shop is small. 20x24. The table has to be mobile.

I put the bottom support bars down to the casters to maximize the storage under the table. Going to have sheetmetal storage there, laying flat.

Looks like a rig will still fit in! haha, that would have sucked.

Great work so far! Cant wait to see the gantry up and running!
    [COLOR=#000000]

Just sold my FSJ!

Looks like i can afford the Hypertherm Powermax45 and machine torch. Sweet. i was going to be using the Hypertherm 380 I already own with a hand torch, which would have been less than ideal as i need it out around the yard too frequently to be dis-assembling it from the table.

The 45 has a computer interface too. I was leery of frigging with internal wiring of the 380 to get voltage signals.

If that is the case you will need a different torch head bracket for the machine torch. Wiring up the DTHC sender card is a snap in the hypertherm models. ..actually in any model. Your kit ships friday.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Is that bracket something i will have to whip up myself? got a drawing?
    Trade ya for a new, never used hand torch holder?

I went and got the correct length 62" top rails, but downsized the wall thickness to 1/8". I figured save some labor with all the drilling/tapping, don't need to support the weight of 1/4" plate on the cutting surface, just the gantry mass.

It kind of works out good for setting up the squareness of the machine by leaving the top rails off until getting the kit's linear rails here first to set up with. The top rails can be welded in exactly where they need to be regardless of slight variations in the table.

Shipping Friday huh? Great! I've been trying to hold off getting too excited till it shipped.

Looks like we will have to start stocking that item for sure! It isnt something we sell with the kit and is easily made. The Z axis has 4 tapped holes for bolts that hold the torch bracket. You can easily make a bracket to hold a machine torch that uses these 4 bolt holes. It will be pretty obvious when you see the Z axis
    [COLOR=#000000]

ah man! finally on here. my home pc got a bug from this site, i think the domain name was unregistered for a bit, now i'm blocked from home, it re-directs to ads.

anyone got a specific cure? i tried tons of stuff.

anyway - got lots more done on the table. will be posting pics once i get fixed up on the site block bug. Just at my buddies place here now.

I have a question tho - I have a powermax45, do I get the interface cable from hypertherm, and use that to connect to the bladerunner port...or use the board that came with the kit, do internal wiring to the powermax, and run the cable from that port?

or something else?

Yes you will need to install that card in your plasma. The Hypertherm 45 has a machine interface plug with a pinout for a card however it does not have a card in it.

You may need to delete your cookies in Internet Explorer.
    [COLOR=#000000]