C&CNC Digital Torch Height Control card install in Hypertherm PowerMax45.

re-did the strain relief on the high voltage lines. the first one i tried was a little shady.

perfect, you can't tug the wire.

This circuit board interfaces the plasma cutter. It takes the raw arc voltage and provides the signal to the controller so it can montor and change the arc gap in real time. The torch tip will raise and lower as it cuts to maintain the perfect arc gap

It also has torch on/off, and senses when plasma arc is ready to cut after the initial firing.

i need to mount the board near the plasma, but it won't fit inside. Hmm, what's cheap or free, in my house? tupperware? naw, too ugly.

Umm.....dang, what about all those model cars i got, inside one of them? lol Oh wait! That gives me an idea...a display case!

I store the model collection at my buddies place, I called him and asked him to go out and grab me a display case. Went and picked it up, looks like it will work.

I scabbed all the hardware off an old computer to mount it with.

Made up some wire ends for the PM45 rear pinout port. One of the maintenance guys at work helped me, he had the special $$$$ crimpers. Still using the 18AWG.

"heatshrank" the pinouts lol is that a word?

pinouts for "torch on/off" 3&4.

pinouts for "arc transfer", also called "ok to move" 12&14

arc voltage to the right, trigger at top, arc transfer left

frig, it fits on the top of the plasma perfectly. 8-) So cool!
I removed the plasma case again and mounted the display case to it. super happy with it.

There is a DB9 cable out the the controller too, I put that to the front as the grounds must be isolated between the plasma setup and the controller . Wires will be run away from each other, the plasma chassis grounds to the table, the controller/pc thru the AC lines only.

;D epoxied that little guy in there. looks like 42's and no lift ;) and a Creepy sticker to round off the install. Tested the card, LED on, it works, this is a BIG step towards making sparks by the weekend.

I always say "i hate wiring" , but I think i like it, i just don't like being upside down under a dash.

The torch fired manually....gotta gear something up to keep the wires safe, then i think I'll be cutting something over the weekend.