Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

4x4 Gantry kit - cable carrier install - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 Gantry kit - cable carrier install

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    C&CNC Digital Torch Height Control card install in Hypertherm PowerMax45.

re-did the strain relief on the high voltage lines. the first one i tried was a little shady.

perfect, you can't tug the wire.

This circuit board interfaces the plasma cutter. It takes the raw arc voltage and provides the signal to the controller so it can montor and change the arc gap in real time. The torch tip will raise and lower as it cuts to maintain the perfect arc gap

It also has torch on/off, and senses when plasma arc is ready to cut after the initial firing.

i need to mount the board near the plasma, but it won't fit inside. Hmm, what's cheap or free, in my house? tupperware? naw, too ugly.

Umm.....dang, what about all those model cars i got, inside one of them? lol Oh wait! That gives me an idea...a display case!

I store the model collection at my buddies place, I called him and asked him to go out and grab me a display case. Went and picked it up, looks like it will work.

I scabbed all the hardware off an old computer to mount it with.

Made up some wire ends for the PM45 rear pinout port. One of the maintenance guys at work helped me, he had the special $$$$ crimpers. Still using the 18AWG.

"heatshrank" the pinouts lol is that a word?

pinouts for "torch on/off" 3&4.

pinouts for "arc transfer", also called "ok to move" 12&14

arc voltage to the right, trigger at top, arc transfer left

frig, it fits on the top of the plasma perfectly. 8-) So cool!
    I removed the plasma case again and mounted the display case to it. super happy with it.

There is a DB9 cable out the the controller too, I put that to the front as the grounds must be isolated between the plasma setup and the controller . Wires will be run away from each other, the plasma chassis grounds to the table, the controller/pc thru the AC lines only.

;D epoxied that little guy in there. looks like 42's and no lift ;) and a Creepy sticker to round off the install. Tested the card, LED on, it works, this is a BIG step towards making sparks by the weekend.

I always say "i hate wiring" , but I think i like it, i just don't like being upside down under a dash.

The torch fired manually....gotta gear something up to keep the wires safe, then i think I'll be cutting something over the weekend.

first cut.

first 3 hours frigging around.

1/8"

1/16", 50imp, 27ish amps

gotta get the sheetcam liscence monday, had to edit out a bunch of Z axis stuff and run a set torch height to make these practice cuts. the scrap metal was warped, so I didn't try too hard to get a great finish. but its really good for first cuts. interpolation smoothness is very good.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Looking like a great start! Keep posting cut pics and video if you can we love it!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    Creepy, Where did you get the mount for the machine tourch? I will need to get one for my table. Also what installer profile did you use for you Mach?

Thanks,
    Chris

made the aluminum torch clamp, bored out 1.375", drilled and tapped (2) 1/4"-20 holes for the clamp, (2) 1/4" holes thru to mount on the upside down stock bracket. I let the full tip sit below the bottom of the floating head. about 1/2" clearance to work when cutting.

the profile instructions posted here aren't quite right. I used the 3000 stuff. I'd have to go look at exactly what its called, but its NOT the mp1000 series stuff. The DTHC manual included from c&cnc support disc had the proper instructions.

I'm still trying to get the DTHC to read volts while cutting, the flyout menu's for jog doesn't work.

checked the profile i'm running...its MP3000-DTHC-UBOB2.

and got an answer about the jog screen, its not configured for the plasma profiles, its not a bug. torchhead guy said to use the keyboard and get a game controller, the flyout screen isn't used much.

on another topic - getting a stainless water tray made, will be ready thru the week. going to make a new slat setup, and save the stockers for dry cutting aluminum if the need may arise. oer make a frame for a light cutting table out in the yard.

i gotta get some home switches for x/y too. I'm used to homes, would prefer to work from reference on a big sheet.

oh yeah, I'm working away out there. trying to tune the cuts.

the dimensional accuracy is excellent, working on the finish.

drew up some test pieces, working on feeds, getting rid of dross, and as it turns out, some ridigity issues.

this started happening and quickly got worse. gross. something is moving/not rigid. looking at the toolholder.

hhmm, floating head on Z is shakey, needed to preload these two bottom bearings on the rail. the one on the left is adjustable on a cam to preload.

frigged with that a bit.

here it is rigid again, and I have turned on the corner decelleration feature, cutting at 400imp.

yep. :) that's 2x2x1" hole in 14G.

Easy fix.

OK, enough screwing around.

Here is a CJ motor mount plate in 9/16" hardplate. about 15 seconds to cut out. I drew it up in autocad first.

apparently thick stuff is easier. :o Its damn near perfect running recommended settings, and I don't even have the voltage monitoring tip height working yet.

Stainless water tray from local sheetmetal shop will be ready soon, looking forward to getting the water system working. The dust sucks ass, a mask i was wearing looks like i was hanging my head over the blast furnace at the steel plant. orange dust.

oddly, with the dust, the thick metal isn't 1/2 as bad as cutting the thin stuff.

5/16" lead in/out tests

here's my first paying job......its for a Suzuki 450LTR. chain guard for rear sprocket out of 1/4" hardplate.

some frigging around.

CJ V8 motor mounts.

Working on brackets for the cable carriers. I'll post up the .dxf once I'm done. and the cable carrier #'s.

No water tray yet, the shop is taking forever, but its really cheap.

Here's a vid showing the motion without the plasma on ruining the focus. feed was at 10% just at the start so I could get over to the controller and camera.

Hope you like GWAR! lol, i didn't realize how loud it was.