Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
second A/C compressor mounting bracket

Thread: second A/C compressor mounting bracket

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

second A/C compressor mounting bracket

Right now I have the york compressor mounted in the factory location (top pass side), and would like to know if there is a provision for another A/C compressor mounting location?
    This is for a 401 that already has a P/S pump too.
    The york is used for on board air, but since I am putting this engine in a 2004 Wrangler Unlimited, I want to see if I can utilize the A/C system in the LJ.
    Thanks, Ricky

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    Still trying to figure this out.
    I may just concede and use the old way for a/c...

Was there another location on AMC V-8's that the a/c was installed?

Thanks, Ricky

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    mount a saden compressor to the side of the York. then use one belt to drive the AC/alternator and another belt looped either off the york to the saden or try looping it all the way around the AC/AC/ Alternator /crank /WP

its a thought. new belts are alot better tahn the old belts, negating the need for dual belts in alot of instances. Ive also seen guys on fsj's mount one york right next to another to do the same thing but my thought with using a saden is that the saden has less resistance
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

That makes sense..
    Maybe I will see what I can do.
    Thanks for the reply..
    Ricky