Bulltear Ad

Thread: 2382p pistons

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

2382p pistons

I have a set of trw/sp 2382p pistons and I was hoping someone here might have an old catalog that lists it's compression height and minimum skirt to wall clearance. Any info would be most appreciated!! Thanks all!!

Forgot to include this so I am editing. These are for a 401 AMC.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    you can measure compression height yourself and find skirt clearance in the manual if they are cast. if they're forged you need a little more cause they expand more but a good machine shop should be able to give you a number.
    compression height is from the center of the wrist pin bore to the top of the piston at its edge not to the top of the dome if it has one.

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    you can measure compression height yourself and find skirt clearance in the manual if they are cast. if they're forged you need a little more cause they expand more but a good machine shop should be able to give you a number.
    compression height is from the center of the wrist pin bore to the top of the piston at its edge not to the top of the dome if it has one.
    I am aware they could be measured, but I do not have them in my hands, hence the need for published figures. They are forged, but were the old "square window" forgings that don't use much more clearance than cast. Memory wants to say a minimum of .0015". So, if anybody has an old catalog, those figures, and the dish volume if it was published, would be very helpful.

Thanks!!