Thread: howell fuel injection....

howell fuel injection....

just got my howell fuel injection installed and it seems to be not right....when getting into the throttle and letting off the jeep dies..flat on its face and stalls...if you let off the throttle easy it will stay running but it will be rough and then eventually smooth out....local 4x shop said that its not working properly because of the cam in the 258...its a bigger cam then stock and has a slight rumble to it, but nothing radical by any means

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Call Howell's tech line. They are great.

Here's my guess. My Howell system had a problem with the throttle body. The throttle plates were too far closed from the factory, and the IAC had to over compensate at idle. If you hear a fairly loud whooshing sound at idle that's probably the problem

There's a small metal plug at the driver side front that has to be removed to get at the throttle plate adjustment screw. Unplug the IAC before starting the engine, adjust the screw until the idle is about 500 RPM, shut it off and then plug in the IAC. It should idle back to about 750 RPM, but the whoosh will be gone.

That was the only problem I had with my Howell system. I've had it over 10 years now and apart from a bad O2 sensor, it's been flawless.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford