Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hypertherm 1250 not firing from Mach
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypertherm 1250 not firing from Mach

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie

Hypertherm 1250 not firing from Mach

Got everything wired up in my Hypertherm 1250 according to the diagram in the Candcnc manual for the 1250 model. I am still learning to use the mach interface but I am not able to fire the torch manually from the software. The DTHC online is lit green on the screen but pressing the manual fire doesnt work. What am I missing? I do hear a click coming from inside the 1250 case but get nothing else.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Your torch switch should be hooked up the the DTHC card. Can you get the unit to fire by hand? Sometimes its the plasma consumbles (torch ignitor) that fails due to consumable life and water in the line. Check for

2. Wiring on the DTHC card

Verify with the digital manual that all leads are in the right spot
    Your DB9 cable is plugged in

1. On the plasma unit

You can fire the unit by hand and it does indeed make contact in the head and fire the plasma torch.

Chances are you dont have the switch wired to the card correctly.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Yes it does fire by hand. I double checked the card when I hooked it up but I will look again. The DB9 cable is hooked up because I can hear a click inside the hypertherm case when i press the torch fire button on the screen. I am going to mess with it today and see if I can get it working

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    when you hear the click does the air flow start? If you have no air flow you get no fire.

No air flows when I hear the click but the air is hooked up with pressure and when I pull the trigger on the torch manually the air comes out as well as the arc.

Check the output signals in the ports and pins menu in the config menu, output #1. It should be Port 2 Pin 1 to fire the torch.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I will do that in a minute.

I think it has something to do with the hand torch being used and the actual Hypertherm circuitry. Right now the torch switch is wired to the board inside the plasma. I just looked at the Hypertherm manual and it said it is disabled when using the hand torch. Do I need to splice into the switch wires coming out of the hand torch and not use the connections on the board? Im thinking that is probably it.

I think you should call Hypertherm tech 1-800-643-9878 I do believe this could be an issue if the DTHC is hooked up you should not be able to fire the torch usingthe handle.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    so what did you ever figure out? I have the same thing going on!

I fixed it by splicing into the trigger wires for the hand torch right after it enters the case. The safety built into it does not allow the trigger to be turned on from the board with the hand torch installed. I originally installed my trigger wires onto the plasma board which is why it was not firing.

Now if I could just figure out why the arc ok signal is not working/sticking I will be in good shape and finally cut some steel.