Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hypertherm 1250 not firing from Mach - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypertherm 1250 not firing from Mach

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Bryan what power resistor are you using across the terminals of your current transformer? Also do you have the ark ok wires hooked from the current T-former to the right terminals on the DTHC card?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    I am using the direct connections inside the case on the board and not using a current transformer hookup.

I have narrowed it down to the plasma cutter itself because it does the same thing when it is being used as a stand-alone plasma cutter and not hooked to the CNC. I just havent had the time to sit down with it and give Hypertherm a call to troubleshoot it.

Well if you like I can send you a CT for free and get you up and running right away. They are pretty easy to install.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Sure I will give it a try. Let me know what I need to do to get it, thanks.

Just need your shipping address again and I will get you one out.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Junior Member Cook
    Brian, Pins 12 and 14 on the rear panel connector on the powermax unit are the arc transfered signal. When the arc transfers to a piece of metal with the work clamp attached, you will see this signal go from open, to closed. You do not need a current transformer with this unit.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

I see you figured out the start input. If you use the machine torch, the start input on the rear panel connector (pins 3 and 4) is functional, short 3 to 4 and the torch will fire. If you are using a hand torch....pins 3 and 4 are inactive for safety reasons.

Ah, so your not firing but you do have everything else hooked up right? You will have to find the two leads that fire the torch that actually hook to the torch lead not the machine torch lead. Hypertherm turns off the machine torch on and off for liability however they also do not tell you how to bypass this for CNC use. There should be a plug that has many wires hooked to it (This is J19) but Hypertherm may have disable it for use with the hand torch. But there are two more leads leading to the hand torch you can use.
    [COLOR=#000000]

No, everything is hooked up and it does fire. My problem is the arc will not stay on, it goes out after a few seconds. The arc-ok relay or whatever it is inside the plasma is bad or sticking. sometimes it works and most of the time it does not. This hapens both on the CNC and if I am just using the machine by itself.

I have seen lots of hypertherm torches misfire when the outer cap isnt all the way on or cross threaded as well. They fire then stop or just blow air. Hypertherm uses a microswitch to ensure the consumables are attached before it will fire. I can still send you that Current Transformer if you like and if you dont want to get your plasma warranteed.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Let me mess with it a little more and if I still need the CT i will let you know, thanks.