Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hypertherm 1250 not firing from Mach - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hypertherm 1250 not firing from Mach

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Just so you know here is where the torch leads are coming out and here is the current transformer hooked up. The leads to the DTHC card are black going into the J8 plug.

[COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    10W15Ohm resistor across the current transformer only requires the wire go through once. We used a 10W20ohm resistor and went twice for this application.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Brian where the wires you spliced into rigth of the torch purple and orange? ....think Im about ready to trad this thing in on a thermal dynamics![/quote]

Junior Member Cook
    Brian,

When you say you "fire the torch and it goes out after a few seconds" , are you firing the torch on to a plate with the work ground attached......or are you firing it in the air? If you are firing it in the air....the torch will shut off after about 1.5 seconds as it is not sensing a work ground current path. If you are looking for an arc good signal, it will only ocurr when the arc is cutting metal with the work ground clamp attached.

Also, I will say it again...there is no need for a "current transformer" on the Powermax unit you are using. It will provide you a contact closure output as soon as the arc transfers to the plate, on pins 12 and 14 on the rear panel connector. The Powermax1000, 1250 and 1650 as well as the Powermax45 all have this "arc transferred" (also know as arc good) signal...and are designed for an easy interface to any cutting machine. You are making things way too complicated by adding the current transformer.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    Jim, it is being fired on top of the plate ready to cut with the ground hooked up directly. I have put the meter on the 2 pins inside the case that are for the arc ok signal and they are not changing once the trigger is pulled.

As far as the micro switch for the consumables causing it, that could be, but I have checked the order in which I have installed them and it all fits together correctly.

Junior Member Cook
    So....work cable connected to plate, fire the torch directly on the plate...

1. What thickness plate? If really thin the torch may just be blowing a large hole, then losing its arc. Try using material at least 1/4" thick. If the arc still goes out in a couple of seconds....then there is an error of some sort with the plasma system that is causing it to fire a pilot arc then, not sensing arc transfer it will shut down. I don't think it has anything to do with the microswitch in the torch...rather, it could be an inadequate air flow rate, or other fault.

2. What pins are you on inside the case? The arc transfer (arc good) is not inside the case, rather they are pins 12 and 14 on the rear panel interface plug.

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    1 - I was trying it mostly on 16 or 18 ga.

2 - I am using the screw terminal block on the board that the rear plug tied into, on the 2 arc xfer screws.