Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
amc 360 engine access. bracket diagrams needed

Thread: amc 360 engine access. bracket diagrams needed

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum

amc 360 engine access. bracket diagrams needed

Can anyone help me find some pictures/diagrams that may contain exploded views of the hardware and connection points for alternator and P/S setup? None of the Chilton or Haynes books show anything in detail. Eventually I would like something showing the stock a/c setup also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar

Any help?

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thanks a bunch. Never actually seen the compressor brackets for a v-8. A few more of these and I will be set. I see a triple pully on the crank. Is that the only way to run a compressor?
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

Pre-75, I think, they used a single belt shared by the A/C and P/S, and a second on the alternator. Newer ones use a double belt on the A/C and alternator, and a 3rd to the P/S.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thanks. Since my 360 and access. are 1975+, I will just get some more photos of complete engines with/without an a/c compressor. Mostly I know that when I disassembled the engine that there were "LONG" bolts and "SLEEVES" for some of the mounting brackets. Knew it would have been easier to take some disassembly photos, but I was in a hurry.

Right now I have all new bolts in the new water pump housing, but am thinking that possibly at least one "long" mounting bolt may have also been using one of those holes. I need to mock-up all of my brackets and access. on the engine before installation.

The only "special" bolt I know of is in the water pump for the front bracket of the P/S. It has a stud at the top, and there is also a 1/4" or so spacer that needs to be between the bolt and bracket, or the bracket can crack (know this from experience).

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford