Bulltear Ad

Thread: throttle body on performer manifold questions

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie

throttle body on performer manifold questions

ok so here is my question has anyone put a throttle body on an edelbrock performer manifold on a 401 I have one in my jeep and the carb is pissing me off im looking for cheaper options than full fuel injection any info is good

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Forgive me if I'm confused, but you have a throttle body injection on your jeep with a performer intake? If so what type of problem are you having?

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    lol sorry about that no I dont thats what I want I have an edelbrock 600 carb on it right now and im sick of pulling it apart so im looking into alterntives

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    lol no big, I myself have had nothing but problems with any edelbrock carb I have ever put on. My brother in-law has the holly projection on his cj and loves it he found it on craigslist for around 400 bucks. I know that is a steal, thats one way to go but finding one for that price is like a needle in a hay stack. You could go with a holly carb. I have always had good luck with them, if there built right they can run just as well as tbi.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I've got a GM 2BBL TBI on my performer manifold. I'm running Howell EFI on mine. www.howell-efi.com I had to grind the inside a bit with a die grinder to smooth the transition between the manifold and adapter plate. Howell will adapt their wiring harness to use a Holley 4 BBL TBI that fits right on the performer if you ask.

I love the Howell system. Aside from a bad O2 sensor, it's been flawless for nearly 10 years now.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford