Bulltear Ad

Thread: torker intake with a 750 vac sec holley

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

torker intake with a 750 vac sec holley

what can I expect from my 360 with a torker single plane and a holley 750 vac sec carb using the summit k8600 cam dished pistons later dogleg heads with the bigger chambers stuffed into a fiberglass cj5 running a t19 4spd and 3:54 gears?
    an amc was my first car and so will also be my last car/jeep

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    The 750 may be a little too much for the 360 with a small cam.

I ran a Torker on a stock compression 304 with a mild cam (.467 lift) and a vacuum secondary Holley 600 with pretty good results on my CJ. It was running 3.54 gears and a T-18 at the time with 35" tires.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    The 750 may be a little too much for the 360 with a small cam.

I ran a Torker on a stock compression 304 with a mild cam (.467 lift) and a vacuum secondary Holley 600 with pretty good results on my CJ. It was running 3.54 gears and a T-18 at the time with 35" tires.

Bob
    tufcj
    I was originally thinking torker with a 650 double pumper or would that be a mistake ? the 750 was given to me , might just put the 750 on ebay and get the 650 , the biggest tire I plan on using is a 31" so that shouldnt lug the motor down

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I would use the vacuum secondary 750 before a double pumper 650. With a double pumper, you can easily overwhelm the engine if you punch the throttle at low RPMs, since all 4 barrels are mechanical. At least a vacuum secondary will self regulate. In carbs, bigger is NOT better.

Keep it with a vacuum secondary 600 or 650. Smaller venturis keep the airflow up and make for a crisper throttle response.

Right now I'm running a 2BBL TBI on my 360 powered CJ, it's only rated about 530 CFM, and I've never had it run out of air. I love the snappy throttle response.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I appreciate the words of wisdom

thanks

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

360 Torker 3310

I ran the same combo but with headers & 401 cam in a 3200lb '71 AMX, went 13.02 @ 108mph, with stock 3.54s & 4-speed. 26" tall 2.95x15 BFG Radial T/As, through the tailpipes.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I have a performer and a edelbrock 600 on a 304 in a cj7 on 35's with a 3 speed and its pretty snappy I think the torker builds power higher up in the RPM range than the performer so keeping air velocity up will be a good thing. Is this a street jeep or a trail rig?

street jeep

this is purely a hotrod for the street if my jeep can pull some times like your amx then mission accomplished

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Let us know how its working.

I had a vacuum gauge in the car, tinkered with power valves, secondary springs, & primary jets till it would just all but peel the tread off upon slow speed kickdown. You could easily get it to just fry tires, or let a lil weight transfer start and then push pedal all the way. This as a fresh stock rebuild with Crane springs, would rev 6500 if let it wind past peak, better to shift @ 5500 w/lil 401 cam. Also had stock fuel pump that ran the bowls dry going into 3rd during full rev run after holding high rpm for arm drop.
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24