Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
AMC V8 Serpentine system with AC support - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AMC V8 Serpentine system with AC support

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    No I cannot. I don't have any access to those items until we reopen on Monday.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    No I cannot. I don't have any access to those items until we reopen on Monday.
    Thanks. Can I just order the 3 bolts and required spacers? They were not included in my kit so I reused the stock bolts hence the misalignment vs. the other pulleys.
    The more I practice, the luckier I get

Quote Originally Posted by cw05 View Post
    Thanks. Can I just order the 3 bolts and required spacers? They were not included in my kit so I reused the stock bolts hence the misalignment vs. the other pulleys.
    I never got a response to my phone message or emails so I made some shims myself yesterday. It is close but still ~1/8" off. I cannot shim the York bracket further without disrupting the alternator bracket since they share a common bolt through the water pump. Any suggestions?

Also, the Gates belt (K061031) you recommended is incorrect. Do you know what belt is correct for this system?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The more I practice, the luckier I get

Hi I have a 70 AMX and putting my setup together and what Power steering pump do i need and a Alternator a part # would fantastic!!! and a routing lay out for the belt with no Ac and Alternator on the bottom?

Second this

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermoose View Post
    Hi I have a 70 AMX and putting my setup together and what Power steering pump do i need and a Alternator a part # would fantastic!!! and a routing lay out for the belt with no Ac and Alternator on the bottom?
    I second this. I have most pieces to add to my 69 AMX, but missing the P/S pulley, and I have the lower alternator bracket. Please let me know what parts I need to complete, and a routing for the belt.

I have:
    Alternator Pulley
    Lower Alternator Bracket
    Crank Pulley
    Water Pump Pulley

Need
    Power Steering Pulley?
    Idler?
    Tension arm?

Help please, new to this forum, but not AMC

I just bought this kit from a freind of mine that passed away. I am putting it on a 73 401 with PS and A/C (York). I am having a really hard time getting everything to line up.
    1) Are there different crank pulleys? My crank pulley sticks out, the most, BY FAR. They were is probably a good inch to an inch and a half difference between my crank and the A/C compressor.
    2) I can get the crank and water pump to line up with about 1/2" worth of spacers. Is this normal?
    3) How do I adjust the power steering pump in and out?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    First you need to know what you have. The Crankshaft harmonic balancer must be pressed in all the way first. That will set all the other pulleys. If you water pump is off .4375 or 7/16" inch then you have the wrong year water pump or your kit was ordered with the wrong pulley (We make both styles). Next the AC pump should have spacers to bring it out so the pulley lines up with the crank.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689