Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
AMC V8 Serpentine system with AC support - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AMC V8 Serpentine system with AC support

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I'm in San Diego right now, waiting on Sam & RDM right now. Pics to follow in June ...
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Dang man... You do get around!

Bulltear forum member Cook

Having a lot of trouble with install

I have the serpentine kit for the sanden and i thought for the cs144. First off i am surprised the kit doesn't include written instructions, all required bolts and the proper belt. I think i ended up buying the wrong belt, because there was nothing that indicated what the right belt part number for the sanden kit is. In the pictures of the install that i qcan find the drivers side idler pulley is mounted in the upward postion in the york photo and downward with the only install pics I have seen with the sanden. Is that right for some reason? Also, I'm trying to find a cs144 that has mounting holes 6 7/8 apart as the bracket is set up. Every one that i have found so far are around 7 1/8. Lastly, I'm wondering why the upper mounting hole on the alternator bracket doesn't line up with the hole in the head like the stock bracket. It would be a much stronger mounting arrangement, especially when using the heavier cs144.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    The serpentine kits do not support the CS144. Sanden idler will go down and the belt is a K060915. Do you have the slotted bracket or the one with holes in it?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

There was a post on the ifsja board back a year or so
    , that said the kit now supported cs144. It is one of the reasons i bought it. I have the slotted bracket with both 6 5/8 and 6 7/8 inch slots. Which alternator is the 6 7/8 slot for. In the post announcing the support it indicated it was for the cs144. Thanks for answer on the idler and belt. I can get that on today. I also left you a pm about the feasibility of getting a bracket made for 6.6 inch alt mounting like the si12 and 7.2 inch mounting like the cs144. Ideally this would have the upper bolt running all the way through to the head like stock. Thanks for making the kit available and affordable. Your company has made owning these old beasts manageable.

We did make a bracket for alittle while but the sales #'s werent there. Our CAD systems were updated and all the drawings for the old bracket are gone. The 6.6 mounting will work with the smaller slot. The 7.2" mounting is tricky. Maybe sometime next week we will be able to look deeper into it.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Sounds good. Its possible that the existing bracket design without any slots could work for me. The cs144 fits in the bracket, and the fan clears the edges by 3/16 or so. The tension adjustment bolt hole on the alternator simply hangs below the slot by around .25 inches. I could probably just drill one hole for the cs144 in an unslotted bracket and make the belt adjustment at the power steering pump. Of course all that assumes that your current cad parameters are the same as when my bracket was made. I will still fab something up to support the top mounting bolt better, and maybe also the rear of the alternator since there is a threaded hole in the back of the alt for that purpose.

We did it 2 ways. One was 3 bolts through the slots with a little machines piece for the CS144's big body and the other was a large bracket. I wonder if we have any of those leg adaptors left. I will look and if we dont I bet I have a drawing on them.
    [COLOR=#000000]

The k060915 belt turned out to be way to small for the sanden kit. I would have to put an alternator size pulley on the power steering pump to get it to work, and that might not be enough. Can i take a string or something to measure the total length needed and somehow convert that to a belt size?

Your right I am sorry I gave you the York size the Sanden is K061031 We have them in stock PM me your addy I will see one out.
    [COLOR=#000000]