Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
wiring a TD101 automated - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wiring a TD101 automated

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Too big for radioshack! You will have to locate another electronics supplier. Running it without the resistor will burn up the unit.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    are you serious...........i cant find one anywhere, everybody is closed.....i 2nd day shipped the transformer to have it here. if i knew i needed one i would have ordered one. do you have a part number for the resistor i need so i can next day it from them.

"2. The current transformer for arc ok is hooked up like this. You may need to loosen the power cable coming in to your 101. One leg of the 220 line goes through the center of the current transformer. The current transformer utilizes a resistor on top between terminals and it will come with one. The resistor has long metal legs you wrap around the current transformer and on each end you also include one lead to the arc ok terminals on the DTHC card. These terminals on your card will have little screws fro tightening."

is there anything else that i need to get this machine going.

That is the last piece needed! The thermal dynamics 101 is a decent cutter but to use it with automation a current transformer is required. CT's will burn out if a resistor is not run across. Sorry it didnt come with the proper resistor. I should know on monday where to get you one. When we re-open.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Ok riddle me this. If my plasma is an automated plasma cutting system with the cables coming out of the machine with arc volts+-, torch switch+-, and other. Also it has an automation interface pc board. Why do I need the transformer if the transformer is doing what the cables have

Do you so have some install pics of the DTHC board installed. I'm trying to get my table with the gantry set at least this weekend. I have everything hooked up except the plasma. How do I get the machine to move? I want it to jog around so I can tear it apart and get the table painted

IF you have the automated board from thermaldyne then you can pickup arc volts from that. The pics shown are from a 101 and theonly thing that would change would be the arc voltage from the current transformer.
    [COLOR=#000000]

ok mine is a thermal dynamics 101 automated version. its has an arc volts plug in. so what your saying is i dont need the arc transformer then, correct?

heres the schematic on page 37

http://www.thermadyne.com/IM_Uploads...1_300X4642.pdf

It looks like #5 and #7 on the J2 board is what you want for arc voltage on the DTHC card. Your #20 and #18 would go to tip volts on the DTHC card. #1 and #3 will go to your torch switch...doesnt matter which one. Now if Thermadyne has the right resistor all should be fine. If DTHC doesnt work well then you will need a current T-former.
    [COLOR=#000000]

finally got it done. all thats left is to make sure everything works like its suppose to