Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
something seems wrong here..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: something seems wrong here.....

lol. Nothing even close to straight line. It's the Rausch Creek Offroad Park racing series. It's the East Coast series version of King of the Hammers. I have full hydro steering and the two pumps are because failure rate is very high.

Link:

http://www.heavymetalconcept.com/portfolio/

Select> Video > Ultra4Glory and RCQRoad to the Throne

If that doesn't get your heartbeat up to about 150, nothing will.

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar

King of the Hammers?

Don, I'm not sure what King of the Hammers is. I just haven't heard of that race series. Could you give me a little more?
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Long day yesterday, but it's starting to look like something.

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar
    Dan, your coming right along. Looks good. I have a question. What is the round vertical sleeve at the end of your frame which is seen in the rear wheel well of you last picture?
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

It's alive!

Pics

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    How has the rear suspension been working? You get a lot of rear steer? How about wheel hop?

This winter's project is to swap the manual for a TH400. In the process I'll have to redesign my links.

Currently I'm running dual triangulated. This geometry has very good characteristics. Very little rear steer and about perfect anti-squat for my application. I had to make compromises to make the geometry work correctly and get the flex required. As a result, I had to drop my trans/t-case skid / lower link mount 4.5" below the frame rails. As you can guess, I high center easily. I really like the looks of the lower link mount @ the axle slightly above the axle centerline but have concerns about forces on the links caused by axle loads.

My real question is how's it working for ya??? Every time I look at mine I get lost in thought......
    Its a Jeep Thing --- No one understands!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I am a big fan of single triangulated rears. It climbs awesome with 105% AS. It isn't built as a crawler though. It is set up for racing and has a lot more uptravel than I would set up in a straight crawler. My belly is 24", so it is a tad tall.

The truck did awesome in the first race. We took 7th out of 22. Only 12 even finished.